+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New races with new start areas!

Soulwalker

Default New races with new start areas!

the races that rift have today are all just variations of humans , big humans , evil humans , small humans etc i belive , much like wow, you should add in more races. Like for instance the tauren of wow. Dont always stick to humans.
    Comment one what your favourite race would be
    Also i think when u make a new character with a different race it should have a different starting area as it gets highly repetetive each time you want to try a new calling.
    In addition i think classes tht have pets should be able to catch there own pet through hunting or taming it and the pet should evolve as you level.

Please comment
    Thank you
    Last edited by khillik; 07-30-2011 at 02:35 AM. Reason: typos

there's a reason why they did it this way and why there is no ''human'' race in itself.

let's be true :

Eth and Mathosians = Humans
    High Elf and Dwarves = Duh !
    Kelari = Dark Elves, Dark Eldar, Dumner and/or Drow
    Bahmi = Orcs, but purp and sympathic

they wanted to stay true to an humanoid or near human form so the proportion of human players diminishes. massive problem in WoW : how overplayed the Alliance is because of the human specie. while in Rift you see a lot of everything especially because they played the ''humans looks only'' card.

SWTOR will do the exact same with but with his Star Wars Setting : Twi'Leks, Rattatakis, True Sith, Chiss, Zabrak and co. no Wookiee, no Gungans and all that stuff. they want to make sure the game is not numerically unbalanced by some general favouritism.

back to RIFT however, the guardians needs a badass massive guy, a kind of Draenei Like, while the Defiants lacks their gnomish small one. an upcoming expansion pack should include a Guardian Bahmi equivalent and a Defiant Dwarf equivalent.

in other words, Guardians needs this :
    http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__...ari_lineup.jpg

and Defiants needs this :
    http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__...0px-Hobbes.jpg
    Last edited by Haristo; 07-30-2011 at 09:33 AM.

I'd rather have more classes than more races...

Classes: New ways of doing EVERYTHING.
    Races: New looks while doing the same things.

Even if they did make a different starting zone, eventually it would merge into the questline of everybody else.

And on the note of rangers taming pets: Yes.

Edit: I suppose if we did add another race in, I would want it to be something already in the game, at least. Trion shouldn't just pull orcs, minotaurs, or gnomes out of their ***.
    Last edited by Adebar; 07-30-2011 at 09:38 AM.
    127% of internet statistics are made up on the spot.

Never trust obscure quotes from famous people on the internet. -George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Adebar View Post

Classes: New ways of doing EVERYTHING.
    Races: New looks while doing the same things.
    RIFT already has 4 classes, all with an insane amount of stuff to do. they better focus on something different than creating a new class from scratch with its 9 soul trees. this newcoming class will ripoff a bit of everyone and be the worst of the game OR the best one. best way to unbalance everything.

they better modify the existing one adding one or two soul trees.

the Warrior has no way to do some Ranged DPS, killing it instantly when the fight requests to stay away from the mobs. it needs a Musketeer class.

the Rogue needs a real healer spec.

the Cleric's intel always sucks, you always lacks intel. a new Mana Healing Soul tree should be fricking awesome and useful, expecially during some World Events boss.

and the mage has no tank mode, which is kind of normal because his armour sucks. it needs one, it needs a Shapeshifting soul tree transforming him in a tank. Morrigan Styled

Anyway, adding some playable species just add a bit of variety in the game, making them pretty interresting. this is why I think Rift should add a fourth race to each factions.
    Last edited by Haristo; 07-30-2011 at 09:55 AM.

Defiant's should get a construct player race, like the Warforged in Dungeons and Dragons.

Rift Master

Tiefling for Defiant, Water Bahmi for Guardians.

Here's my old post about it:
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...y-of-New-Races

Soulwalker

Default Muscular

in addition i believe you should be able to edit your characters physique as dwarfs ar small and fat and (in my opinion) not a good looking race. A muscular Bahmi would also be amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Haristo View Post
    the Warrior has no way to do some Ranged DPS, killing it instantly when the fight requests to stay away from the mobs. it needs a Musketeer class.
    Please god, make this happen.

+ Reply to Thread