+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Deleting Collection Quests Please!

Lightbulb Deleting Collection Quests Please!

With the close of Waves of Maddness, it is appearent that there will be collection quests that are available for only a limited amount of time [Heir of Hammerknell] and [It's a Celebration!] to name the most recent ones.
    Failure to complete a World Event collection quest results in the quest forever being in our Artifacts tab, never to be completed.
    Mocking us.
    Reminding us of our failures as a gamer, an MMO player, a father, a son, a cousin, a part-time earth science teacher, a roommate to our poor mothers. Failures all. I submit to you all, take a stand!
    Allow us to look towards the future and not dwell on the past!
    Allow us to see the world and not feel like we forever missed a glorious part of it!
    Allow us to forget our failures!
    Set us free!
    Delete!
    They may take our lives, but the will never take: Our Freedom!

Just stand around chests and you will get the artifacts. Not a problem after the hotfix today.

I think you missed my point

I think we should have to ability to delete unfinished artifact collections just like we can delete unfinished quests in our journals. Or, even have it deleted for us after it is not longer valid or finish-able.
    An example of this is [Heir of Hammerknell], since phase 4 is completed, the quest was deleted from our journals, but the artifact collection of the same name, was not. So I have to forever remember that I worked overtime those 2 weeks

the question is...

why ?

even if you can't complete it, what's the point in deleting it. you we're here, at least you have something more than a newscommer.

it's your character's history.

YEAH! RIOT!

*picks a guy up, lights him on fire, and throws him through a window* *explosion*

ANARCHY!!!! WHOOOOO!!!!!

*runs through the streets naked*
    127% of internet statistics are made up on the spot.

Never trust obscure quotes from famous people on the internet. -George Washington

I agree, some people don't like things uncompleted, and knowing that you can't complete it can drive them crazy. I am not one of those people, but I understand what he's trying to say.

Sarathor@Byriel Rank 7 Defiant Mage - retired
    Bonqueequee@Byriel Rank 1 Guardian Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Sarathor View Post
    I agree, some people don't like things uncompleted, and knowing that you can't complete it can drive them crazy. I am not one of those people, but I understand what he's trying to say.
    Exactly. As for character history, that's why I prefer to give players the ability. They can delete it themselves or not as a reminder of good times. But I am one of those that it will drive insane eventually.
    Last edited by Jyle; 07-30-2011 at 01:57 PM.

+ Reply to Thread