+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rogue Tank Lesser Essence - Make Some!

Telaran

Angry Rogue Tank Lesser Essence - Make Some!

I recently bought the Water Resist sigil and decided it would be best used with my tank spec since it's the only one that takes a lot of damage. But before I go and slot it out with Warrior Tank lesser essence and enjoy lots of wasted strength I have to ask. Why is there no love for the Rogue Tank? There are many varieties of Warrior and Cleric Tanking essence available on all the zone vendors but the only 2 lesser essence for Rogue Tanks are the 2 in Sanctum that you can buy for 20 or 30 Inscribed Source Stones? This doesn't seem to make any since.

Why do you go from the best Rogue tank essence being the green dexterity / endurance ones (despite not having dodge or parry they are better than the str/end/dodge warrior ones at least for rouges0 to the Epic extremely expensive ones? There is a huge gap it's like Rift designed a Rogue Tank but either assumes they are to weak to really tank or just forgot to make them lesser essence.

Sez

If parry scaled better, it wouldn't matter. Remember that 1 Str = 1 Parry, so Str isn't completely worthless, just mostly worthless.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Telaran

Yes not completely worthless but clearly a Warrior Stat. Clerics could use a Str End Dodge essence too, but they gave them ones with Wisdom so why not give Rogues ones with Dex? That's my question seems like we got short changed.

even most of the essences for warriors are mediocre compared to the drops from raid rifts. i recommend grabbing some raid lures and start pugging.
    "I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won."

Telaran

Thumbs down What don't you like about having Tank Essence for Rogues?

Quote Originally Posted by livnthedream View Post
    even most of the essences for warriors are mediocre compared to the drops from raid rifts. i recommend grabbing some raid lures and start pugging.
    There are always better drops than what you can buy. But if you are a new Cleric Tank you can buy Tank Essence from all 3 level 50 zones with Wisdom/Endurance and (Either Parry/Dodge/Block)

Warrior Tanks new to 50 or new to Tanking can buy essence with Strength/Endurance and (Either Parry/Dodge/Block)

Rogues can either buy 2 Unique equip epics for 20 Inscribed Source Stones each and buy 2 Warrior Essence or spend days or weeks grinding raids as a DPS trying to roll on tank items and hope they don't get kicked for needing on off spec items.

What is so hard about selling Lesser Essence with Dexterity/Endurance/and (Either Parry/Dodge)?

Why are Rogues left out? Seems to me like it needs to be fixed. What is wrong with adding some Rogue Essence? What don't you like about it?

standard rule on molinar (and it seems other shards since many new molinnarians verify the same thing) is that whoever pops the rift gets a reserve. considering that its pretty easy to knock out 4 in an our with a pug even with limited playtime you have a decent shot ot lessers. also just general spouting off os stats will generally get things given to you, like i have had clerics roll and win flowing wall, but most times competent maters looters will give it to a rogue over the others because its terrible for them. in the last week i have done around 40 raid rifts, and only about a third of those were mine. with that i now have an almost full crit sigil, 5/6 epic tanking sigil, new gloves, boots, ring.

the gear and the way to get it is there, if you go for it. even if its not, i started ranking ros with the str/end/dodge blue essences because of the death resist, you can get by without totally pimped items. as too what im guessing your next complaint of price. souls are 3-5p on guardian side, paying an avg of 40p for a piece of t2.5 gear and/or a bis essence seems decent to me, and if your spending planarite even better. 3.5k is easy when the expert rift daily gives you 2.5k base, more if your guild is specced into it.
    "I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won."

+ Reply to Thread