+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Race Change / Faction Change

Default Race Change / Faction Change

Currently Trion has done an outstanding job of updating Rift and adding new features. I am not going to pretend that I am the first person to suggest a race or faction change, but I would like to revisit the issue.

1st There have been many complaints about uneven numbers of Guardian and Defiant players across most servers. This is an issue not just for the underdogs on the server but also the over populated faction. It creates unfair world pvp and absurd que times. This alone is incentive for people to want to switch factions and will create a natural equalizer.

2nd Rift had a great launch and had unprecedented numbers of people joining the community (8 hour server que times on Feb. 25th) but has since lost a lot of that initial flame. This is not at the fault of Trion, and is to be expected with most games released into this genre. With that said, the addition of "paid" race changes or factions changes would create an additional source of revenue for Trion that would aid in further development of the game.

3rd and last comment is just how easy race changes in particular would be for Trion. This game has no race specific details that need to be changed (aside from 1 quest in the starting zone) but as far as notoriety, mounts, starting zone, capital city, etc. etc. it would be as simple as just changing the model of the character and very basic racial traits.

I think this would be both a benefit to players who want to utilize these features and a smart strategic decision for Trion from a business stand point.

~Pump this thread if you agree

I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, It's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, And that enables you to laugh at life's realities.

Sez

Nope .
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    Nope .
    Do you even read any of the threads you post in?
    127% of internet statistics are made up on the spot.

Never trust obscure quotes from famous people on the internet. -George Washington

He has commented on previous race change threads with no compelling argument either.

The way i see it, race changing has little to no negative impact and numerous positive impacts.

I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, It's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, And that enables you to laugh at life's realities.

Quote Originally Posted by Adebar View Post
    I think we both know the answer to that one.

Race change ok. I hate how my eth holds weapons back words, a giant sword back words looks like crap. Faction change No because WOW showed us people will just change to what ever faction dominates PVP and that will create more imbalance.
    Rules do not exist to bind us. They exist so you may know your freedoms.

Sez

Quote Originally Posted by Adebar View Post
    Yup .
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

A race and a faction change would be nice. /Signed

Shadowlander

I partially agree with the faction change, and on the other hand I agree that most people in WoW just faction changed to whichever side had more numbers which unintentionally made balancing issues a bit worse.

On the other hand, some people just genuinely want to play the other side. Personally, I would love to be a Guardian as its the faction I fell in love with during beta - unfortunately I followed my guild. Defiants have a much bigger presence on my shard, so if anything it would be a set back for me, but you can't help wanting to be the faction that you love the most, and some don't want to just give up the work they've done on their character to do so.

Race changes I wholeheartedly agree with, this entire week I've been aching to be a Kelari, after finally getting a bit tired of my generic Eth look and getting over the usefulness of Agility. I too, think it would be extremely easy to add race changes in with the synergy across all races between cities, mounts, etc., so I for one would be extremely happy if Trion took the time to add it in.

Soulwalker

I would love to see race change as an option but I don't think faction changes should be allowed. I played WoW when that change was made with them and it completely threw off the server balance.

As a side note I'd also love to see the ability to change names.

Default Faction/Race Changes

I would love faction changes, im a defiant right now on Galena, but i can't stand it (luckily theres server changes for free once a week). They're antisocial, trolls in trade chat, barely have any legendaries and do raids. I'm dying to become a guardian, i like them better and i could care less about pvp it irritates me anyway but i still do it for the gear. I hope this comes soon because i really want one but im not starting over and i refuse to do so. Also, i kind of dont like bahmis so id like to change one of my characters to something else that better suits my character's vision. Trion, i love rift and ive currently played GWs, WoW, LOTRO, Warhammer, practically most MMORPGs so you're excellent so far and keep up the great work. And heres just some feedback: can you add more technology in meridian to make it more defiantish, i barely see any really and when i look at sanctum it deeply depicts their factions with somewhat of religion in the vigil with a churchish look and stained glass windows.

+ Reply to Thread