+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Make notoriety "notable" for others?

Rift Disciple

Default Make notoriety "notable" for others?

Would like to be able to view other players' faction notoriety ranks. Or perhaps at least, show factions where they are say, Honored or higher.
    Oh yes, and other players to see mine
    "We're not doing this for status or anything like that. Nooo."

Sure, we can buy a mount at exorbitant prices to show you finally hit Glorified in a faction. But you can only display one mount (or companion even) at a time.

Would that be too much of a giveaway for the PvP sorts?

I've always thought it was funny that we had "notoriety" that other players can't see evidence of anywhere. Perhaps not everyone wants to wear a profile badge that shows they spent that much time in Stillmoor, etc. Alternatively then, how about a toggle option to display your faction notoriety to those who are curious?
    Last edited by Stormytime; 07-29-2011 at 07:31 AM.

Why does it matter?

Rift Disciple

Well I thought "notoreity" usually implies that other people know you achieved something. They've heard of it happening, or see signs of it. Much like some of us enjoy collecting titles. It would make the campaign world feel more realistic and alive for me.

But it could be optional to show it, for those who wish to grind in complete privacy or hide the fact a certain faction's trinket is in their bags.
    Last edited by Stormytime; 08-03-2011 at 09:29 AM.

+ Reply to Thread