+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dear Trion Developers

Plane Touched

Default Dear Trion Developers

Can we please not make Rift go WoW mode? I understand WoW did some great business over the years and that's half of what MMOs (okay maybe fully) is about. But you're going down the same trend that made a lot of WoW's population that hadn't already quit, quit.

You're bringing in a way for the casual/non-skilled gamers to get raid gear so there's no telling apart from the hardcore and skilled gamers anymore. WoW did this and I hated seeing that casual guy over there who played an hour a day in the same gear I had when I raided and wiped and died and progressed and everything for 4 hours a day 4-5 days a week.

You're nerfing content so the casual/non-skilled gamers can down it. The end game content is there for the people that enjoy a challenge. Sometimes encounters need nerfed, sure, when maybe 1% of the players actually down it. But when you've got content being consistently downed by probably 25-50% of the player base, is there really a need to nerf it just so 100% of the players who really don't know how to play their class or do mechanics can down it?

I just really don't want to see Rift head down the same path as WoW because I'll be gone again as I'm sure will a lot of other of the Hardcore raiders, and you'll be left with a bunch of casuals as the hardcore gamers go look and pray that the next MMO won't follow the same path.

I guess I missed the nerfs...

Like, really, unless I'm missing something, casuals still can't clear GSB or RoS or that other raid and get raiding gear and such...and that's what matters, right?

Plane Touched

They are nerfing GSB and GP again come patch...

+ Reply to Thread