+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hard and Soft

Default Hard and Soft

I would like to have soft caps and hard caps listed in my Stats tab.

for what exactly? they already list hit and toughness. there is no hardcap for crit until 1.4
    there is a supposed dodge cap after 20% from gear, but if you have the gear to get there then generally you already know about it.
    "I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won."

Quote Originally Posted by livnthedream View Post
    for what exactly? they already list hit and toughness. there is no hardcap for crit until 1.4
    there is a supposed dodge cap after 20% from gear, but if you have the gear to get there then generally you already know about it.
    Where is the cap listed for Hit or Toughness?

mouse over it. it tells you what you need to hit the mobs for that tier of content. if your talking about the extra 20 people require, that has nothing to do with hit, but rather pushing dodge off the table. its also the same reason that some hit gear is gpod for pvp. toughness it tells you exactly what the stat does, reduces the amount of damage you take from a crit, if you understand how damage is calculated then you would know everything over 150 toughness is waste for raid t1 content. honestly the info is there, you just want it all tied up with a neat little ribbon. how it is cuirently stated is fine. having to use other sources of info, or even a little reading up of actual combat mechanics, or heaven forbid doing your own testing is a good thing.
    "I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won."

Quote Originally Posted by livnthedream View Post
    mouse over it. it tells you what you need to hit the mobs for that tier of content. if your talking about the extra 20 people require, that has nothing to do with hit, but rather pushing dodge off the table. its also the same reason that some hit gear is gpod for pvp. toughness it tells you exactly what the stat does, reduces the amount of damage you take from a crit, if you understand how damage is calculated then you would know everything over 150 toughness is waste for raid t1 content. honestly the info is there, you just want it all tied up with a neat little ribbon. how it is cuirently stated is fine. having to use other sources of info, or even a little reading up of actual combat mechanics, or heaven forbid doing your own testing is a good thing.
    I feel kind of a noob but I never noticed the mouseover. Thank you for pointing that out.

+ Reply to Thread