+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tutorial and Video once you hit... 50?

Rift Disciple

Default Tutorial and Video once you hit... 50?

hey guys, so I dinged 50 a lil ways back (it took me a while) and I still just yesterday, learned something else that I didn't know about the game. It was frustrating! I always go real slow, in order to not miss anything ane be efficient, so I thought up this lil suggestion.

Once you hit 50 the next time you log in you get a video, explaining the various things you now do, but in a story, game way. (just like the beginning video)

here's the story's bit

We failed... Our hopes to stop...... our only hope now is to fight...... You must travel.... for these you will be rewarded. (can show like a merchant holding a weapon) since our discovery of the past we have been working on... to help augment your skills.

These new planar creatures move too quickly to even see. you must get additional (well don't call it focus or hit, but whatever)

Also, do not be afraid to push further into greater rifts and further in the dungeons..

thats the idea though, (lol im no writer !! )

so, all the while, it can explain to everyone whats up, and give a cool backstory to sorta beef up the lore.

thoughts?

I think...that since 90% of endgame content is group based, you should get a guild, make some friends, or become less afraid of chat channels, and use the social aspect of the MMO to learn more about the game, or look online for a 'noobs guide to level 50 in rift'.

I don't want Trion to hold my hand through level 50. Part of the process is learning how to do ****, where it is, and what to do.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by KnirpsLyn View Post
    I think...that since 90% of endgame content is group based, you should get a guild, make some friends, or become less afraid of chat channels, and use the social aspect of the MMO to learn more about the game, or look online for a 'noobs guide to level 50 in rift'.

I don't want Trion to hold my hand through level 50. Part of the process is learning how to do ****, where it is, and what to do.
    you jumped to conclusions on me here mate.

The goal would be to help with the people who don't know wtf they are doing. This isn't me, I am in a guild, and now whats going on.

there is a difference between learning, and purposely disguising.

Quote Originally Posted by sandpaper3 View Post
    you jumped to conclusions on me here mate.

The goal would be to help with the people who don't know wtf they are doing. This isn't me, I am in a guild, and now whats going on.

there is a difference between learning, and purposely disguising.
    I hit 50 alone, and had to find everything myself. Wasn't hard. Queued for a T1, supported just fine, got a quest in town teaching me about raid rifts/expert rifts/crafting rifts and their dailys, got a quest to try out Quantum Sight... Both of those quests put me right next to planar vendors. Sure, I've still got some questions...but the fun part is finding out, learning. Through chatting with other players and just getting out there and finding the info.

<shrug> Ain't jumping anywhere, that's just my feedback.

/stillnotsigned

+ Reply to Thread