+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Idea to add legs to RIFT

Soulwalker

Question Idea to add legs to RIFT

I was just thinking that something rift could add to increase its lifespan would be to add a new type of zone that is PVP based. This zone would be really large and have random dynamic spawns of end game mobs. Within this zone guilds could build cities and place houses with enough resources, and the opposing faction could assault the enemies player cities.

I was thinking the zone could be inside one of the rifts, on an alternate dimension or something which could explain why it is so large and why it has really powerful monsters within it.

What does everyone think?

if they do this in a massive pvp zone it takes away from their "nothing pve in this game will force any form of pvp" by making a pvp/pve (end game bosses) zone they would break that by making lots of players feel forced to pvp just to defeat pve content

That sentence had FAR to many P's in it!

however its still true, they don't want to merge pvp and pve in any way (scion excluded)

I think the forum has a search feature, but no one knows about it.

Here's the thing: A large, large, portion of MMO players do not enjoy PvP. Meaning that such a zone would at best be uninteresting to them and might well be unpopular with them because it intrudes on the essential gameplay experience they're looking for.

We've had basically this idea posted about two billion times, also.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Soulwalker

I never said anything about bosses or raid content being in this zone, just random trash mobs to make the land seem less barren. However if the devs don't want to mix the two it could be an only PvP area. And as for the "majority" of players not wanting PvP, only add these specific zones to PvP worlds. Or change the functionality for non pvp shards.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    I think the forum has a search feature, but no one knows about it.

Here's the thing: A large, large, portion of MMO players do not enjoy PvP. Meaning that such a zone would at best be uninteresting to them and might well be unpopular with them because it intrudes on the essential gameplay experience they're looking for.

We've had basically this idea posted about two billion times, also.
    Statistical evidence has shown more players enjoy PvP than PvE. That being said, NO ONE HAS ASKED FOR THESE ZONES TO BE REQUIRED TO MOVE THROUGH. IT'S JUST AN OPEN WORLD WF.

Stop being a **** to new players, also.

Quote Originally Posted by madlulz View Post
    Statistical evidence has shown more players enjoy PvP than PvE.
    This is an interesting claim, could you identify what that statistical evidence was?

That being said, NO ONE HAS ASKED FOR THESE ZONES TO BE REQUIRED TO MOVE THROUGH. IT'S JUST AN OPEN WORLD WF.
    Explorers (who are the most obvious large category of players who often dislike PvP) get upset if you have stuff on the map they can't go explore.

... And again, this has been covered dozens of times. Not trying to be a jerk to the new folks, just pointing out that, hey, there is a search function and a lot of these ideas have been discussed a lot before. It can be sorta depressing having some great new idea and not getting any feedback just because most people talked the issue out already.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Soulwalker

Good point, I should have searched. However if implemented properly when not on a PvP server anyone would be able to explore this area, provided they don't flag themselves.

I just really miss the housing system of SWG and would love to see RIFT pick it up as it was great fun. But yeah a mod can close this I guess if it's been discussed to death...however if that is the case would it not be evident that people want this?

Rift Disciple

I agree 100% OP.

I've posted a few things about this as well. I think it would absolutely give lifespan to the game, and it would a ton of fun. Frankly, I feel like the absence of this zone is killing Rift. People need to grind on things, and 10 dungeons and 5 warfronts isn't gonna get it done for most folks! everyone is level 50, so they need end content, quickly. (I would totally be in favor of reducing exp, make people level slower)

AA type stuff needs to arrive, but seriously they need a rvr lakes zone.

Also, I like your idea about it being inside a rift, I think that could also swing the lore to bring about the 3rd faction idea which I think is great.. Someone posted the suggestion the third faction can be the "defectors" and they are ascended who are traitors and are regulos pals.

I think a massive rvr zone, with invasions running around, keeps, etc whatever would be great.

Also, think that we DONT need a third faction, but it would be a good idea down the road.

I personally just have a few more days before I gotta work a ton, I think Trion has earned a sub from me, would love to come back and see this in a few months.

By the way, as you've read trolls aplenty. be warned!

Quote Originally Posted by Xiaous View Post
    just random trash mobs to make the land seem less barren.
    So, kinda like Port Scion?

No thanx. If I'm going to a warfront to PvP, I want to bash other players, not "random trash mobs." I can get all the trash-mob-bashing I want out in the world, thank you very much.
    Fare thee well
    Let your life proceed by its own design
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Aumvaar View Post

No thanx. If I'm going to a warfront to PvP, I want to bash other players, not "random trash mobs." I can get all the trash-mob-bashing I want out in the world, thank you very much.
    no way man!

did you ever play Daoc? the main thing would be to kill players, the invasions could help bring about some balance, use it strategically against the opposing faction. no rewards necessarily either. planarite maybe and favor just a tad tad bit i suppose if u succeed

it would just help to bridge the gap a bit, and say you are defending your guilds keep, you would need to defend it vs invasions as well ever now and then... it would be a great way then for people of the opposing faction to "have their chance"

see the light! doac ftw! warfronts, bad!

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Aumvaar View Post

It would not be a war front! It would be an end game zone where you could spend your time. It would add a new form of progression for guilds as they would have to build up a city/castle or what ever. Sandpaper has got the idea

Try to think of SWG, yeah there would be mobs, but they aren't the main opposition. The cities could have "attack windows" or something of the like, to add structured PvP that is still dynamic and player driven, not run by match maker or anything. This also would allow a new crafting profession, architect.

I do however like the idea of invasions coming in occasionally just to spice things up. However again the focus would be on player driven conflicts.

Also if you're just here to bash the idea, piss off. Constructive criticism however is verywelcome, and encouraged

*edit*
    Just an addendum, there could also be something along the lines of "resource valleys" peppered throughout the zone, giving each faction a reason to fight over prime turf.
    Last edited by Xiaous; 07-29-2011 at 06:20 AM.

I thought this was a thread about adding legs to all the bosses in RIFT...

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by KnirpsLyn View Post
    I thought this was a thread about adding legs to all the bosses in RIFT...
    For a moment, same here.

I see nothing wrong with pvp specific zones. They don't have to be traveled by pve players, but certainly the choice of them being there would be nice.

Some argue we have "world pvp," no. We have WoW pvp. Instanced. A few ambush encounters on pvp servers, but nothing in the way of heart-stopping pvp play as was in DAoC, admittedly. Vast areas to go with specific intent to take on the other realms, and a few epic gear quests along the way simply to introduce pvp, but not immerse (the quests).

Someday, someone will find just the right way to combine the excitement of DAoC style pvp/rvr with epic pve content and will make a literal fortune. Damn, I hope I will still be able to see, hear, and move my fingers when said game comes along.

Soulwalker

Exactly the idea Callalily. War fronts are fun and nice, and ganking/being ganked in questing zones is fun in itself... but it isn't satisfying for someone who comes from the last generation of MMOs.

I wan't a specific zone where the entire purpose is to PvP. There could be quests, there could be mobs, but at the end of the day those don't matter.

Rift Disciple

how fun would this be guys.

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...stillmoor.html

lol it took some effort to write it up! no comments... /cry

+ Reply to Thread