+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Companion and Mount

Default Companion and Mount

I would like to see companions with skills/abilities/bonuses and evolvement with the character.... this would be so cool

Flying mounts with battle abilities or just battle capable mounts would be very cool also

Ascendant

I would like for none of these things to be implemented.
    Chronicar Rank 6 mage
    <Squab Squad>

Sez

Quote Originally Posted by Chronicar View Post
    I would like for none of these things to be implemented.
    I would also like none of these things to be implemented.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Quote Originally Posted by Sasisz View Post
    I would like to see companions with skills/abilities/bonuses and evolvement with the character.... this would be so cool

Flying mounts with battle abilities or just battle capable mounts would be very cool also
    I think maybe the mount thing is offside ok... but the companion idea???? right now they r cosmetic only

Sez

I think maybe the mount thing is offside ok... but the companion idea???? right now they r cosmetic only

Did you seriously just quote yourself?
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

One of the EQ2 bonus pets was a companion type that matured into a mount [it got bigger as you leveled]. It was pretty cool actually. Right now I would be happy just to see a lvl 50 mount that wasn't covered in plate and spikes. Seriously though out all the MMORPGs I'm so sick of over plating and tons of spikes.

Default Oops

sorry bout quoting myself lol

Definitely not something I would like to see. And I certainly hope that flying mounts never make an appearance in Rift.

However, it would be interesting to see a vanity pet that could morph into a mount upon completion of some task(s). Similar to what EQ2 (as mentioned by Nefermore) and/or WoW (Venomhide Ravasaur) did.
    Nymaeria < Hate > : Level 50 Eth Cleric (Sentinel/Warden/Justicar) on Briarcliff
    Rhendali < Hate > : Level 50 Eth Rogue (Riftstalker/Bladedancer/Ranger) on Briarcliff

Default Companions

right now companions are kinda useless, other than for prestige I suppose. Maybe they could grow and evolve with us ? especially since they seem to be very hard to get ... I have only 2 and am gonna get the companions available from runeguard. It would be nice if they actually did something
    Last edited by Sasisz; 07-28-2011 at 10:28 AM.

Prophet of Telara Shaidar Haran's Avatar

Don't want this, at the moment. Maybe sometime Late 2013ish?
    My Hand Reaches Far...

Quote Originally Posted by Amary View Post
    There's typically no warning for unexpected crashes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    I would also like none of these things to be implemented.

Triple agreed.

There's no reason to make NON-COMBAT companions have in-combat effects.

Now, let's say you summon a skull and get a 'spooked' silly vanity buff on you buff bar. Okay, whatever. Or maybe some smelly little animal and you get a debuff that says 'smelly' that does NOT APPEAR ON RAID FRAMES. Then yeah, sure, that's cool.

But absolutely NOT to any combat buffs or anything that actually alters gameplay. Vanity pets are something fun to have, and do not need to be added to the list of things you 'have' to have to play the game the 'right' way.

Quote Originally Posted by KnirpsLyn View Post
    Triple agreed.

There's no reason to make NON-COMBAT companions have in-combat effects.

Now, let's say you summon a skull and get a 'spooked' silly vanity buff on you buff bar. Okay, whatever. Or maybe some smelly little animal and you get a debuff that says 'smelly' that does NOT APPEAR ON RAID FRAMES. Then yeah, sure, that's cool.

But absolutely NOT to any combat buffs or anything that actually alters gameplay. Vanity pets are something fun to have, and do not need to be added to the list of things you 'have' to have to play the game the 'right' way.
    yes, u have a good point. I wouldn't want anything that took away from gameplay either, i suppose.

Ascendant

Now if you wanted something like companion pets that you could train for fighting other companion pets for fun or new cosmetic items I wouldn't be upset about that.
    Chronicar Rank 6 mage
    <Squab Squad>

Telaran

So I know that there are aspects of EQ, EQII, and WOW in this game but how about we keep the FAIL in those games?

I think as I have stated...Lets let the Devs focus on more endgame content and expect mounts, and vanity pets and silly things like that around MAJOR patches and/or expansions and increases to level cap...

Thanks for the input!

General of Telara I Fear Kittens's Avatar

Default No flying mounts

I give you a D-minus for your attempt at making a suggestion to bring flying mounts into the game OP.

as for giving companion 'pets' combat abilities, unless its limited to only fighting other companions (''cockatrice fighting'' anyone? (Shimmersands) ) is just plain silly
    Last edited by I Fear Kittens; 07-30-2011 at 05:13 AM.
    "Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall piss you off." Norse Proverb
    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    When it's ready...... You wouldn't want it released before it was ready, right? And you wouldn't want us to hold it back after it was ready, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollolololol View Post
    I am honored to have made your /ignore list

+ Reply to Thread