+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Plain-Touched Mechanic idea

Telaran

Lightbulb New Plain-Touched Mechanic idea

Summary: players should get plain-touched buffs when completing a rift like mods and critters do.

I was thinking, that plain-touched buff that monsters and such get when entering a rift area would be a really cool mechanic to add to the rifting experience.

I envisioned it something like this,
    -when you complete a rift you would receive a stacking buff depending on the rifts plain and level
    -The number of stacks should give a slight boost to the buffs effect and a BIG boost to its duration
    -The fancy plain-touched spell effect would get more intense the more stacks you have
    (up to a point obviously I'm not saying it should be an infinitely stack-able thing :P )

-when you fail a rift your buff backlashes, either damaging you or de-buffing you again depending on the plain and scaling with the amount of stacks you have on you at that time
    (so if its your first rift and you fail, nothing would really happen).

This would not only add an interesting reward mechanic to doing rifts, it would give some needed baddassary to rift completion,
    add a "power up" mechanic to prepare for hard encounters by getting stacks before you start something,
    and also add an interesting consequence to failing a rift ... besides not wining.

What do you all think? :O
    Last edited by PotatoGolem; 07-28-2011 at 09:34 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoGolem View Post
    Summary: players should get plain-touched buffs when completing a rift like mods and critters do.

I was thinking, that plain-touched buff that monsters and such get when entering a rift area would be a really cool mechanic to add to the rifting experience.

I envisioned it something like this,
    -when you complete a rift you would receive a stacking buff depending on the rifts plain and level
    -The number of stacks should give a slight boost to the buffs effect and a BIG boost to its duration
    -The fancy plain-touched spell effect would get more intense the more stacks you have
    (up to a point obviously I'm not saying it should be an infinitely stack-able thing :P )

-when you fail a rift your buff backlashes, either damaging you or de-buffing you again depending on the plain and scaling with the amount of stacks you have on you at that time
    (so if its your first rift and you fail, nothing would really happen).

This would not only add an interesting reward mechanic to doing rifts, it would give some needed baddassary to rift completion,
    add a "power up" mechanic to prepare for hard encounters by getting stacks before you start something,
    and also add an interesting consequence to failing a rift ... besides not wining.

What do you all think? :O
    Ill Pass thanks though...I like a game to be mildly challenging...
    Translation = NO.

i had an idea for planetouched-nes, just posted it a few mins ago have a look, its labeled: planetouched NPC's:mutation.

Telaran

Awe I thought I had a good idea :P I wasn't thinking it would really be a huge buff, just another reward mechanic outside of loot. Oh well thanks for your opinion you guys!

+ Reply to Thread