+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Monk class!

Shadowlander

Default Monk class!

I wonder if a monk class/ caster or just pure monk type class has been considered by the dev team? That is by far my favorite class and would love to see it in Rift!

Plane Touched

I'm playing a monk in Diablo 3! =D Kind of annoyed that they seem to always use staves like a chanter when even the lore clearly states that monks' best weapons are their body and mind. Meh, still badasses. =]

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet1 View Post
    I wonder if a monk class/ caster or just pure monk type class has been considered by the dev team? That is by far my favorite class and would love to see it in Rift!
    Think Cleric. Why would they do another Archetype with the same basic abilities? What are they going to use fist weapons? What kind of armor? Cloth?

I dont agree with this one and honestly would rather have more souls than more archetypes (main classes)...and even that DOWN THE ROAD!

Thanks for the Idea but I think Cleric pretty much covers it.

/Signed...NO

Sez

Bladedancer/Riftstalker/Assassin

Pretend you are punching and kicking instead of swinging your weapons. It's the same thing.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Plane Walker

wel armor wise with a monk i think cloth.
    with cloth i think mage.

could easely be implemented as a soul for a mage charging magical glowing things around his fists.
    maybe could fill the tank role for mage with lots of doge

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by edwinSu View Post
    with cloth i think mage.

could easely be implemented as a soul for a mage charging magical glowing things around his fists.
    That is an awesome idea Ed. I'd love to have a monk/mage class soul. As long as I get to use my hands and feet thats what I'm looking for instead of a weapon.

Not sure what you are talking about as far as the cleric covering it. Yes you would use fists and feet as a weapon? what else? I am not looking for a cleric just a martial artist!

Quote Originally Posted by edwinSu View Post
    with cloth i think mage.

I always find it funny when people say something is 'easily implemented'...

Yeah, sure, they have stockpiles of tanking cloth premade, ready to release to the game... Charged fists? Yeah, they've had the animations, effects, and everything else for everyone to have 'charged' body parts for years, they've just been hiding it.

New soul tree? New mechanics and conversions for Int to dodge? Yes. They have that and it would take no dev time whatsoever. In fact, I'm wondering why it's not in the game RIGHT NOW since it's so easy to implement. They must be mocking us...or rather...MONKING US! HUURR
    Last edited by KnirpsLyn; 07-30-2011 at 07:10 AM.

+ Reply to Thread