+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stunning/CC limit

Plane Walker

Default Stunning/CC limit

just one problem ive noticed is snares and stuns can only be casted 3 times before immunes which effects play styles of those who work off stuns vsing healers ect..

my idea is make CC's such as fear and lost hope on 30 sec cooldowns, take away stun limit because if your a rogue trying to kill a cleric or chloromancer and they fully heal with no cast times we have no hope.

and put anti stun skills like "break free" on maybe 45 sec cooldown instead of 2minutes

also one more thing is if you do keep this stun limit PLEASE put something over a character showing how much times you can stun it....wasting a stun on something that immunes is stupid....

or make it once it cant be stunned anymore you cant even cast it so you can use it on somone else

TLDR...QQ take away stun limit + or add something to show they cant be stunned anymore
    {WinterXI >>>> 13th Edition}

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by PhantasmXI View Post
    just one problem ive noticed is snares and stuns can only be casted 3 times before immunes which effects play styles of those who work off stuns vsing healers ect..

my idea is make CC's such as fear and lost hope on 30 sec cooldowns, take away stun limit because if your a rogue trying to kill a cleric or chloromancer and they fully heal with no cast times we have no hope.

and put anti stun skills like "break free" on maybe 45 sec cooldown instead of 2minutes

also one more thing is if you do keep this stun limit PLEASE put something over a character showing how much times you can stun it....wasting a stun on something that immunes is stupid....

or make it once it cant be stunned anymore you cant even cast it so you can use it on somone else

TLDR...QQ take away stun limit + or add something to show they cant be stunned anymore

How about you make stun's break on damage first.. I'm sorry.. If they don't have stun immunity people will be stunlocked to death even more often..

And for a rogue asking this.. You already have the ability to not lose with slipaway, hidden veil, and cleanse soul in the pvp tree.. You want to make it so your targets are easier to kill because your target can't be stun immune?

As for blowing cooldowns.. Theres been many a time ive blown cooldowns on people because they die before i can cast the ability.. Your not the only one who blows cooldowns (or when you do a mana regen drain ability and the target walks out of line of sight .5 seconds after you use it and its wasted)
    "Power is neccessary because conflict will never dissappear"

they are already nerfing healing across the board next patch. add to that as a rogue you do have access to the healing debuff. do you want healers to be free hks? or do you really want a spec that just good at killing everything?
    "I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won."

Plane Touched

Make stun break on damage? I'm literally laughing at this. Four lousy seconds is hardly a kill zone for anyone with 800 valor or more. Let's talk about a big bad baddie warrior running and and slamming that instant AoE fear button. Or how about that damn mage that slaps the transmogrify key and mounts up to continue on his merry way. Or the damn dom that makes all the melee run around for 8 seconds with no energy or power.

Oh yea...did I mention blind, mez, incapacitate, and poison gas, the rogue versions of these long duration / AoE CC spells ALL break on ANY damage? And squirrel and fear give the enemy more than enough time to land some extra hits?

Oh yea...did I mention incapacitate and paralyzing strike require stealth and share a DR anyway? Require. Stealth. Bladedancers need to dodge and use their stun as a reactive ability. Dodge a fireball anyone?

So we have foul play. We have one stun that can be used in any combat situation. We have 4 seconds to hit our enemy as he waits 4 seconds. Unless he has break free like everyone else. Then we need to do what we're best at - disappear to not get our face eaten off.
    I couldn't imagine how people would cry if rogue CC was as easy, reliable, and versatile as everyone else's.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Zarak View Post
    Make stun break on damage? I'm literally laughing at this. Four lousy seconds is hardly a kill zone for anyone with 800 valor or more. Let's talk about a big bad baddie warrior running and and slamming that instant AoE fear button. Or how about that damn mage that slaps the transmogrify key and mounts up to continue on his merry way. Or the damn dom that makes all the melee run around for 8 seconds with no energy or power.

Oh yea...did I mention blind, mez, incapacitate, and poison gas, the rogue versions of these long duration / AoE CC spells ALL break on ANY damage? And squirrel and fear give the enemy more than enough time to land some extra hits?

Oh yea...did I mention incapacitate and paralyzing strike require stealth and share a DR anyway? Require. Stealth. Bladedancers need to dodge and use their stun as a reactive ability. Dodge a fireball anyone?

So we have foul play. We have one stun that can be used in any combat situation. We have 4 seconds to hit our enemy as he waits 4 seconds. Unless he has break free like everyone else. Then we need to do what we're best at - disappear to not get our face eaten off.
    I couldn't imagine how people would cry if rogue CC was as easy, reliable, and versatile as everyone else's.
    ^ this pretty much explains what im on about, or even atleast show dots or something above the chars head so we know if we can stun or not, and the healing nerf isnt going to be like 50% heal reduction in pvp its only like 15-20% which instead of 1 1/2 hp heals its just a single full heal lol

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by LordOberon View Post
    How about you make stun's break on damage first.. I'm sorry.. If they don't have stun immunity people will be stunlocked to death even more often..

And for a rogue asking this.. You already have the ability to not lose with slipaway, hidden veil, and cleanse soul in the pvp tree.. You want to make it so your targets are easier to kill because your target can't be stun immune?

As for blowing cooldowns.. Theres been many a time ive blown cooldowns on people because they die before i can cast the ability.. Your not the only one who blows cooldowns (or when you do a mana regen drain ability and the target walks out of line of sight .5 seconds after you use it and its wasted)
    did you read all i wrote or just parts? i also implied maybe adding lower cooldowns on break away and higher cooldowns for stuns....healing classes can turn us into a squirrel or fear us and fully heal with 1 spell...whats the difference to slip away in that aspect?

+ Reply to Thread