+ Reply to Thread

Thread: GMS need to be able to undo transactions.

Default GMS need to be able to undo transactions.

So I canceled my rift account today because I worked for a month saving up plat as I leveled and yesterday I was fooling around in the wardrobe function and I clicked the second slot. I misread it as being 10 gold and hit Accept. It was 10 PLATINUM which is freaking insane. The GMS, the game support no one can undo this transaction and give me my plat back. So a month of my time is GONE. I never used it, I wouldn't have bought it in the first place if I had realized it was the cost of TEN MOUNTS and does NOTHING for you. It's a nice function but it's not ten PLAT nice. So I'm down to like 38 gold and I refuse to grind out that money again. No one can help me, no one can take off the slot I purchased and give me my money back so I'm canceled. See you all when Star Wars comes out.

If it takes you a month to get 10 plat then you aren't trying. You could easily get that in a few days selling artifacts on the AH.

Rift Chaser

LOL Someone ask him what server he is on and give him 10 plat

Quote Originally Posted by DotDotWin View Post
    So I canceled my rift account today because I worked for a month saving up plat as I leveled and yesterday I was fooling around in the wardrobe function and I clicked the second slot. I misread it as being 10 gold and hit Accept. It was 10 PLATINUM which is freaking insane. The GMS, the game support no one can undo this transaction and give me my plat back. So a month of my time is GONE. I never used it, I wouldn't have bought it in the first place if I had realized it was the cost of TEN MOUNTS and does NOTHING for you. It's a nice function but it's not ten PLAT nice. So I'm down to like 38 gold and I refuse to grind out that money again. No one can help me, no one can take off the slot I purchased and give me my money back so I'm canceled. See you all when Star Wars comes out.
    1. What level are you?
    2. If you never used it and are not interested in the wardrobe function, why buy a second slot?
    3. 10 plat does not equal 10 mounts. In fact, it equals 4 level 1 mounts... One level 50 mount costs 125 plat.
    4. Saying that wardrobe slots do nothing for you is a fallacy. Wardrobe slots are a huge thing for me personally and really help the immersion factor.
    5. Gaining 10 plat should not take you one month. Either you are lying or there is something wrong here. Again, what level are you? I can gladly give you some tips on gaining plat. You should be able to make that much in a few hours, not a month.
    As it stands now, our characters are more replaceable than our gear...
    My character is not a coat hanger!

Sez

I'll give you 15 plat if you message me on Dayblind.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

I'm one of those dreaded 'Casual gamers' everyone complains about. I only get to log in a few hours every day so I don't have a lot of time to grind plat. 10 plat was a lot to me and my highest character is level 31 so I don't have a lot of options other than questing to make a lot of gold yet. It pisses me off because A) I was stupid to misread it. (Not Trion's fault) B) They should be able to undo it. It's a simple function of changing a property of having or not having an item equipped that I could code in my sleep. C) Who the **** would play 10 plat for a cosmetic slot that does -nothing- for you stat wise? It was incomprehensible to me they would jack the price up that much. It's ******ed.

Remember the good old days when people would post bolts of wool on the AH one after another and then in the middle of the batch put a bundle of the same size that costs 200 gold? In my opinion Trion is doing that to players. Everything else you can buy that has slots cost a few gold, then a lot of gold, the plat. Not ten freaking plat on the first purchase. It's a **** thing to price it like that and a massive failing on the part of the coders that the GMs can't reverse the transaction. Literally, it's 2 lines of code, three tops to create a function for the GMs to use. Input the name of the transaction, click the button, poof undone! Simplest thing in the world and it would save them millions of customers being pissed off for thousands of reasons over the next few years.

Rift Chaser

Dot il look at patch 1.5 if its anything like 1.4 you can have my account I dont play only troll forum got a 80 of all but warrior with a cleric whats r6 switch servers and you can change my names to yours and yay free lvls lol ofc leave password as its same as forums :P

Quote Originally Posted by DotDotWin View Post
    I'm one of those dreaded 'Casual gamers' everyone complains about. I only get to log in a few hours every day so I don't have a lot of time to grind plat. 10 plat was a lot to me and my highest character is level 31 so I don't have a lot of options other than questing to make a lot of gold yet. It pisses me off because A) I was stupid to misread it. (Not Trion's fault) B) They should be able to undo it. It's a simple function of changing a property of having or not having an item equipped that I could code in my sleep. C) Who the **** would play 10 plat for a cosmetic slot that does -nothing- for you stat wise? It was incomprehensible to me they would jack the price up that much. It's ******ed.

Remember the good old days when people would post bolts of wool on the AH one after another and then in the middle of the batch put a bundle of the same size that costs 200 gold? In my opinion Trion is doing that to players. Everything else you can buy that has slots cost a few gold, then a lot of gold, the plat. Not ten freaking plat on the first purchase. It's a **** thing to price it like that and a massive failing on the part of the coders that the GMs can't reverse the transaction. Literally, it's 2 lines of code, three tops to create a function for the GMs to use. Input the name of the transaction, click the button, poof undone! Simplest thing in the world and it would save them millions of customers being pissed off for thousands of reasons over the next few years.
    Actually, the wardrobe slots are intended as a money sink. And not many people really use more than one. It's not like they've just stolen your money without warning. It was your mistake that you misread 10 plat for 10 gold.
    Even as casual gamer with a few hours a day you can make a lot of money. So this argument is invalid. I have a guild member that had a few hundred plat before he hit 50. Here's a few tips:
    Scout for artifacts. Sell the rarer ones on the AH. (this is actually a great source of income for a lot of people)
    Grab butchering. You're gonna kill a *lot* of animals, so why not get some extra gold for them?
    Explore. Puzzles and cairns give good money and a chance for some nice, sellable gear. (Both money and gear scale with level, however) On your level, you can take a swim in the lake of solace.

Yes, it might take a bit to become rich, especially on your level, but hey - at least you have a goal. ;)
    10 plat aren't the world, trust me on this.

I understand your gripe about the fact that GMs can't help you. But i can also understand their side. By limiting this, they indirectly encourage people to not go and do dumb things. It's the same reason they put in those annoying warnings before every purchase. you know... the one you didn't read or misread.
    Last edited by Rakanishu; 07-28-2011 at 02:02 AM.
    As it stands now, our characters are more replaceable than our gear...
    My character is not a coat hanger!

+ Reply to Thread