+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Quest Complete

Soulwalker

Default Quest Complete

IF there anyway you all could add sound to each step of the quest as we do it . and when the quest is done and ready for turn in add quest complete to it to or something like it and give the option to turn it off for those that don't like it . .

I posted this in the quest forums by mistake sorry.

Sez

Why do you need a sound?
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

My quests should make laser sounds.
    Thanks for the haircuts.

Plane Touched

I love those quest tracker addons in WoW.
    They have options for you to play a sound on quest progression and quest complete. If you don't like it, just turn it off. Very frequently you get so many quests that what you are doing may not appear on the screen. Also this may become mandatory when you are doing quest in a group that objectives can be updated quickly or quest can be completed even when you are in the middle of a busy fight that is irrelevant.
    Maybe Rift is simply a clone of the old-time WoW which were released many years ago, maybe 5 months isn't enough for Rift to catch up.

Plane Touched

I thought map prompts, mob tips, a quest tracker, lf quest help queue, etc, made questing here shallow and mindless enough already. Apparently we need a pink unicorn giggling every time we update these tricky 3-stage story quests.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrath View Post
    I thought map prompts, mob tips, a quest tracker, lf quest help queue, etc, made questing here shallow and mindless enough already. Apparently we need a pink unicorn giggling every time we update these tricky 3-stage story quests.
    I don't think it could have been stated any better.

Questing these days, seems to appeal to the masses, ( people who play and don't particularly has a lot of skill in these types of games. ) Almost every quest in every game is not automated for you. The true meaning of "Quest" has been lost.

With that being said, i do not think an MMORPG with TRUE questing could survive in today's industry. People who don't have patience, and in reality a false accusation of ADHD, want instant gratification for everything they do at a fast pace.

So i guess what i an trying to say is... unfortunately, Quest helpers and "automators" are not going away. But that does not mean that the Rift Team is willing to expend upon the already easy enough quests, to make them even easier.

Maybe I'm a little off here but when I quest I'm not looking for skill challenges but for lore and progression. Anything that improves upon the immersion, the enjoyment of the progression and overall uniqueness to questing should be supported.

Different sounds ques for completing your quests would imo just make it all the more entertaining. Perhaps even a custom sound mixer to play a theme you yourself came up with or play a discovered song perhaps reward from completing an artifact collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrath View Post
    roflmao! Best post in weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibblewin View Post
    I don't think it could have been stated any better.

Questing these days, seems to appeal to the masses, ( people who play and don't particularly has a lot of skill in these types of games. ) Almost every quest in every game is not automated for you. The true meaning of "Quest" has been lost.

With that being said, i do not think an MMORPG with TRUE questing could survive in today's industry. People who don't have patience, and in reality a false accusation of ADHD, want instant gratification for everything they do at a fast pace.

So i guess what i an trying to say is... unfortunately, Quest helpers and "automators" are not going away. But that does not mean that the Rift Team is willing to expend upon the already easy enough quests, to make them even easier.
    So true. Questing used to mean deciphering the meaning of what the people were asking you to do, and talking with several different people along the way to try to find the right way while actively looking for things like 'north, past the large rock and the rotting log' etc. But it really wouldn't work in today's market.

Anyway, /notsigned.

Plane Touched

Thank you. The last game I played that forced me to either asked guildies or tab out to wiki my quests was in EQ2. You might remember those heritage or signature questlines that took ages to complete if you didn't outlevel them first or saved them until you mentored a friend to complete with a bit of color at least. Traveling all over Norrath...

/nostalgia off

Now I enter a zone and wonder why I can't just get the quest to kill 12 of everything or click something at 50% life at the first camp I get to. Sometimes I run by this suspicious looking pod and wonder exactly when I'm going to have to come back and right click 10 of them.
    Last edited by Celebrath; 07-27-2011 at 03:51 PM.

+ Reply to Thread