+ Reply to Thread

Thread: So wheres the REAL Plainer equpment?

Telaran

Question So wheres the REAL Plainer equpment?

Am I the only one that wonders where the planar themed equipment is?

I mean this game is about elemental dimensions boiling forth into our own right? Dimensions that have their own properties, and that can "touch" things, aligning them with their planar essence... that is AWESOME right?

So when I first started playing I just assumed almost instantly that, "oh sweet, there will be all this dimensional touched loot instead of the same old flaming blah blah of blah" ... right? RIGHT? where is it...

Why Aren't there Air touched swords or water touched breastplates or death shrouded boots, leaving trails of smoking agony in their footprints??...

I mean come on... so much wasted awesomeness it almost hurts I just don't get it...

This game has a system in place to implement some of the best thematic equipment sets with amazing art and story behind WHY ITS FLAMING but ... <sigh>
    Last edited by PotatoGolem; 07-26-2011 at 10:31 AM.

I would expect something like this perhaps in the future of the game, when they inevitably give us the ability to breach the planes and fight the creatures on their own turf.

On that note, you can always buy the Touch of the Abyss thing from the world event merchant and LOOK like you (and your gear) is plane touched.

There are weapons from GSB (Genesis Pylon being the greatest example) that are weapons essentially taken FROM the Plane of Life. They look pretty awesome, as well as the Saga of the Endless quest (defiant) that ends in weapon's appearances as that of from the Plane of Death.

You can't expect this kind of badassery this early in the game, nor can you expect it outside of raids.
    Last edited by Liavy; 07-26-2011 at 11:22 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Liavy View Post
    You can't expect this kind of badassery this early in the game, nor can you expect it outside of raids.
    Yea I can see that, but I still think they need to add some lesser-baddasary, a kind of "look there is Air-Forged plate in your future" type thing, an appetizer if you will...

so far all Ive seen are a few pieces here and there and only ultra leetsause type stuff, I mean we kill just as many plane touched monsters as we do wolfs, but we can only make wolf fur coats?

For heck's sake one of our RACES is descended from a plane its not like it wouldn't make sense!

I would expect something like this perhaps in the future of the game, when they inevitably give us the ability to breach the planes and fight the creatures on their own turf.

On that note, you can always buy the Touch of the Abyss thing from the world event merchant and LOOK like you (and your gear) is plane touched.

There are weapons from GSB (Genesis Pylon being the greatest example) that are weapons essentially taken FROM the Plane of Life. They look pretty awesome, as well as the Saga of the Endless quest (defiant) that ends in weapon's appearances as that of from the Plane of Death.

I MOST CERTAINLY DO expect it outside of raids lolol raiding should NOT be the end all ,be all ,of RIFT <--- rift...rifts....riftsssssssss...RIFT! hint hint trion.

and theres nothing wrong with expecting even half good looking event gear this early in the game. theres NO reason not to!

the abyss "thing" from event is A) temporary and B) nothing more then a splash of blue glow. not specific gear with each having its own unique planar appearance.

i too op was terribly dissapointed in the lack of good event gear. the helm is hideous!! the shoulders are terribad plain and not much diffferent then any shoulder items

trion HAS the talent, they have the skill, for fook sakes trion...SHOW IT!

Patience, grasshoppah...

I have it on good authority that Trion's collective creative intellect is currently focused on implementing giant, planar-themed, armored battle squirrel mounts, which will be released in the upcoming world event: The Fesitival of Squirrels.

Planar gear should come shortly thereafter.
    "My mind is my weapon... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge." -Tyrion Lannister

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Alleriana View Post
    raiding should NOT be the end all ,be all ,of RIFT <--- rift...rifts....riftsssssssss...RIFT! hint hint trion.
    Yes well, I agree with you whole heatedly, Rifts need to be seriously and deeply looked at. Right now the GAMES NAMESAKE is seriously lacking in importance and shear awesomeness, not only are they totally unimportant for most of the game, just like the lack of badassary inducing armor they lack distinctiveness, thematic separations, and character, but that's another issue all together... lol
    Last edited by PotatoGolem; 07-26-2011 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alleriana View Post
    I MOST CERTAINLY DO expect it outside of raids lolol raiding should NOT be the end all ,be all ,of RIFT <--- rift...rifts....riftsssssssss...RIFT! hint hint trion.

and theres nothing wrong with expecting even half good looking event gear this early in the game. theres NO reason not to!

the abyss "thing" from event is A) temporary and B) nothing more then a splash of blue glow. not specific gear with each having its own unique planar appearance.

i too op was terribly dissapointed in the lack of good event gear. the helm is hideous!! the shoulders are terribad plain and not much diffferent then any shoulder items

trion HAS the talent, they have the skill, for fook sakes trion...SHOW IT!
    Abyss thing isn't temporary for one.

Two, a fresh level 50 should not look as cool as me if I'm currently raiding all the content in the game. If they started handing out amazing looking weapons/armor <50, I'd be pissed. Unless we get weapon-wardrobe slots, then they can do that all they want.

OH WAIT, they already have lots of cool looking weapons in the game, we just can't see them but for 5 minutes while leveling up.

Telaran

Abyss thing isn't temporary for one.

Two, a fresh level 50 should not look as cool as me if I'm currently raiding all the content in the game. If they started handing out amazing looking weapons/armor <50, I'd be pissed. Unless we get weapon-wardrobe slots, then they can do that all they want.

OH WAIT, they already have lots of cool looking weapons in the game, we just can't see them but for 5 minutes while leveling up.
    <sigh> my point isn't who looks cooler, and at what level. Its that there is so much potential build into the system that I feel MUST be taken advantage of...

Are you seriously gonna argue that they shouldn't take advantage of the spectacular potential they have built into their game world for new and interesting thematic equipment cause you wanna look cooler then other people?

YOU could look even more awesome, forget about everyone else XD

Shadowlander

Wink "so much wasted awesomeness"

Unlike Po, the Kung Fu Panda, Rift charges for awesomeness. Even if it is going to waste.

Two, a fresh level 50 should not look as cool as me if I'm currently raiding all the content in the game.
    WTF?
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...709214508.jpg/

I can, and I do.
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

The game is called Rift, why not expect badassery outside of the traditional instanced raid?
    Thanks for the haircuts.

Plane Walker

well i think there should be difrent kinds of badassery.

loot from rifts would would be more elemental based.

loot from raid would have it's own special looks
    maybe a look for each raid instance, and if for instance there is no chain chest droped in the raid instance, there would be a non magical chain that drops from trash in the instance so that trough the wardrobe you can make a fully matching armor set.

stat wise there might not be a lot of difrence between the raid and rift loot gear.
    but look wise there would, making it instantly visable to other players if a player got his badassery from raids or rifts

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by edwinSu View Post
    well i think there should be difrent kinds of badassery.

loot from rifts would would be more elemental based.

loot from raid would have it's own special looks
    maybe a look for each raid instance, and if for instance there is no chain chest droped in the raid instance, there would be a non magical chain that drops from trash in the instance so that trough the wardrobe you can make a fully matching armor set.

stat wise there might not be a lot of difrence between the raid and rift loot gear.
    but look wise there would, making it instantly visable to other players if a player got his badassery from raids or rifts
    you know I kinda like that idea, not only does it make a lot of sense, it also gives incentive to actually do rifts in <gasp> Rift

+ Reply to Thread