+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: BODY SLIDER and WARDROBE WEAPON SLOTS

Default BODY SLIDER and WARDROBE WEAPON SLOTS

Okay im a guy and i feel like the Character Custumization needs a body slider. I mean how wouldnt what to make their male fat or skinny and buff. Or even make your female busty, fate, 8 year old skinny no body or just make it a curvy woman. I mean give me one reason not do that.

And the wardrobe weapon slot is so needed because on my guild and 2 others im on all they talk about is there should be a wardrobe weapon slot. I mean you could place different weapon slots in each classes usable weapons in their in the wardrobe. Like the mage can have a staff slot, one handed sword slot, and a totem slot. Or the rogue could have a range weapon slot and basically 2 one handed weapon slots. And the same goes for the warrior and cleric when it comes to two handed and shield weapon slots.

I mean come on you tell me you wanted what to see a ripped bhami male or a curvy high elf. You tell me you have never seen a weapon on the game whose looks you liked so much that you would like to have as your wardrobe weapon. These are so needed and wanted. And not just by me but every on my guild and server. Trust me.

I assume there is no body slider to make it easier to skin gear.
    Hoss

Quote Originally Posted by Hoss616 View Post
    I assume there is no body slider to make it easier to skin gear.
    Not really

Yes really.
    Hoss

TL;DR gimme a bewb slider TRION!
    "All we had to do was follow the damn train CJ"

Quote Originally Posted by tebhi View Post
    TL;DR gimme a bewb slider TRION!
    To me a body slider would be better then if you wanted your female toon to have big boobs you just find the setting in the slider to have them. And gives more other nice unique looks like fat or muscle bond and maybe even nobody skinny if you want it that way. Seems better to me but i cant answer for everyone.

Soulwalker

I agree only on the weapon wardrobe, only because I like using guns on mah rogue and have to give them up sometimes for a sissy bow cause of stats.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Wildsuit View Post
    And the wardrobe weapon slot is so needed because on my guild and 2 others im on all they talk about is there should be a wardrobe weapon slot.
    I see. So your reasoning for a wardrobe weapon slot is that... your guild complains about it all day? Well, that's... that's... that's just so important that we'll have to get on that right now. If his guild is complaining about it all day, then the world must be collapsing.

Weapon Wardrobe slots I am definitely for, there are too many cool looking weapons even <50 that we never get to use, but for 5 minutes while leveling up. Can't bring the PvP QQ argument into it, because several other games of the same genre (with large PvP fanbases) have weapon wardrobe slots, even to the point where they can reskin their 1H/shield to be a 2H. Does it cause issues? Not really.

As far as a body slider, not necessary.

Female characters in RIFT don't have breast sizes 4-5x beyond what looks natural for their body size, which is something I welcome, even as a dude. If you want to play a big guy, play a Bahmi. If you want to play a skinny guy, play a Kelari. If you want to play a short fat dude, play a Dwarf. All of the races of the game cover just about all of the body types you could want, and imo, Bahmi/Eth/Mathosian females are pretty curvy, although I much prefer the Kelari body type.
    Last edited by Liavy; 07-25-2011 at 07:04 PM.

I agree about the wardrobe weapon slot, as a number of other games offer that feature. I'm quite happy with the wardrobe system and dyes -- it's certainly better than a Certain Other Game where nearly every character looks like the tragic aftermath of a clown car explosion -- but adding slots for weapons would be the icing on the cake.

Body sliders would be nice, but the person who mentioned armor skinning difficulties was spot on. As I pointed out in another thread, armor in RIFT is not as simple as textures pasted onto body morphs. Every armor item has unique geometry; adding variable body types would require altering every armor model to match. It's certainly doable, but would not be a quick or easy process.

Also, count me among those happy to see bust size kept at a reasonable level. As much as I'd love the added customization of adjusting body type, I can only imagine how many players would inflate their characters' goods to the point of resembling grotesque parodies of top-heavy anime girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Champion View Post
    I can only imagine how many players would inflate their characters' goods to the point of resembling grotesque parodies of top-heavy anime girls.
    I too am glad we don't have this. I've played a couple of MMOs that had 'body sliders' (Perfect World and Runes of Magic) and well...yes, there were lots of alien looking women running around with bizarre proportions. Chests that looked like they were smuggling a pair of dirigibles in their bras, anorexic waists and too-long or too-short limbs, etc.

I don't want that here, it's just absurd. xD And don't get me started on some of the nightmare-inducing faces from Perfect World...-shudder-

Weapon wardrobe slots on the other hand, that I can totally get behind.
    Currently on Estrael.
    Gralzeim - Guardian Mage
    Vinden - Guardian Rogue
    Amywienia - Guardian Cleric
    Lissallyne - Guardian Rogue

Rift Disciple

I see. So your reasoning for a wardrobe weapon slot is that... your guild complains about it all day? Well, that's... that's... that's just so important that we'll have to get on that right now. If his guild is complaining about it all day, then the world must be collapsing.
    OMG! You cant joke about this stuff, five people complained about it, the president must be informed immediately

All that does it lag the game very bad. In that mean the body slider.
    Last edited by Romiz; 07-25-2011 at 11:35 PM.
    System:
    Win7 64bit - I7 930 3.38GHz Liquid Cooled - 6 GB DDR3 - Ati 5970 Driver 11.8 CCC 2 - HDD Raid 0 1 TB -2nd HDD 1TB SATA - Blu-Ray - Display 32" Samsung HDTV 1920x1080

Quote Originally Posted by Wildsuit View Post
    And the wardrobe weapon slot is so needed
    So instead of your level 50 sword looking like a level 10 sword, you want it to look like a level 15 sword
    Got an itch for anime? Visit my anime thread here!
    Nexiga
    Retired from Rift

I want boob slider.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast