+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Planarite powered lures to open rifts of specific element

Default Planarite powered lures to open rifts of specific element

One of the most frustrating things about the current world event is opening a rift and its fire/life/air or earth.

I have actually seen a few people complain that they spent an hour trying to get a water rift to open and when they raced across the zone by the time they got to an open rift, it was closed.

There should be items you can buy off the vendors for each faction that you use to open a rift of a certain type, but it costs you planarite to do so. For example, the order of purity would sell the water one and would require a certain level of faction.

So for example, you come across an unopened rift, instead of using your regular planar lure, you use your special water lure, it charges you 100/250/500/1000 (whatever is reasonable) planarite and it opens up a water lure instead of a random element.
    Last edited by Lorenthel; 07-11-2011 at 11:30 AM.

Rift Master

I didn't even have to read your suggestion just the title.

Yes. Yes. Yes.

My God how badly I've wanted this and how much Planarite I'd waste on it. As a low level I always wanted to experience an Air or Water Rift, but never could because all you get as Guardians are Fire, Life, and Death it seems all the way through ;)

Ascendant

Or it could be an ascended power for each rift type costing 25k planarite each.
    Chronicar Rank 6 mage
    <Squab Squad>

Quote Originally Posted by Chronicar View Post
    That is a better idea, so you don't have to waste the inventory spots.

Ascendant

I would also want the lure to only work for zones that the specific rift spawns in. No luring air or life in freemarch unless there is an event where they spawn everywhere.
    Chronicar Rank 6 mage
    <Squab Squad>

Problem with restricting it to zones is level 50.

Water rifts do not occur naturally in Stillmoor or Shimmersand. They only started appearing in those zones during this current event.

A fix for that would be if the lure opened a rift of the appropriate level of the opener. Otherwise the level 50 would be limited to opening max level water rifts for example, except during these world events.
    Last edited by Lorenthel; 07-11-2011 at 11:48 AM.

/signed

/10char
    Damaged - Hailol: Daermoon, Berillion (both 60)
    Fire and Ice - Hailol: Proclus Lycaeus, Wolframm, Ephrus, Shvaai (all 60)
    The Lords of Chaos (Personal) - Hailol: Ennal, Eldr, Yamule (all 60), Benderis (54),
    Mirahsha (26), Ariarlos (1) - Unguilded on Brutwacht (EU) - Siebenundvierzig (23)
    4/4 IDH | 4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 2/4 GA | 1/5 PB | 1/3 IG | 1277 PA

Ascendant

You wouldn't need to open a water rift unless you were in an event in which case I said it would then be possible. You could also open level 43 tears in IPP and guarantee them be water.
    Chronicar Rank 6 mage
    <Squab Squad>

Rift Master

Buy it from reputation vendor for x planarite, ability that replaces Lure and costs a charge to open each time.

I'd be doing Water Rifts all day long in Shimmersand.

You wouldn't need to open a water rift unless you were in an event in which case I said it would then be possible. You could also open level 43 tears in IPP and guarantee them be water.
    I won't agree on this one. I would prefer the level 50's are running around Stillmoor opening rifts of type X, for the various achievements rather than fighting them for it in IPP on my level 40.

I understand you said they could during the events, but there are other times when a level 50 might want to open certain types of rifts than during the events and I just want to keep them in the level appropriate zone.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lorenthel View Post
    I won't agree on this one. I would prefer the level 50's are running around Stillmoor opening rifts of type X, for the various achievements rather than fighting them for it in IPP on my level 40.

I understand you said they could during the events, but there are other times when a level 50 might want to open certain types of rifts than during the events and I just want to keep them in the level appropriate zone.
    Water are the big violators, due to the number of tears active in IPP (usually three rifts average), the chances of it being water are 1 in 3 then the chances of it being Level 50 are 1 in 10.

I'd much rather just go to the beach in shimmersand, spend a planar charge, and open a level 50 water minor.

There's consumables, there's essences, there's loot you can't get from certain types of rifts. We need to be able to force spawn them to some extent.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowclaimer View Post
    Water are the big violators, due to the number of tears active in IPP (usually three rifts average), the chances of it being water are 1 in 3 then the chances of it being Level 50 are 1 in 10.

I'd much rather just go to the beach in shimmersand, spend a planar charge, and open a level 50 water minor.

There's consumables, there's essences, there's loot you can't get from certain types of rifts. We need to be able to force spawn them to some extent.
    QFT - Exactly

RIFT Community Ambassador Golden's Avatar

Agreed! This would be great! Even if the rifts are restricted to the level of the zone, that would work. Please, Trion, please work on this!

Ever tried to buy a expert Lure for 250/1750 Planarit ?
    Expert Rifts count for the daily quests and you may get the one or other halfway good item -and if you do the daily you get 5 sourcestone (which you may trade again for 1500 planarit)

Sure you cant solo them - but if there is that much need it should not be that hard to find a few others.

Just an idea.
    Last edited by Timrum; 07-11-2011 at 12:39 PM.

+ Reply to Thread