+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Reincarnation

Rift Chaser

Default Reincarnation

So, end game is incredibly boring. I find myself enjoying my plethora of alts these days, and then promptly delete them when they get to 50 and start over again.

Anyways, I know I'm not the only one who is bored senseless at 50 and spends more time on their alts than anything else.

So, I'd like to be able to reincarnate my 50s. They start at level 1 again. But, they retain all their platinum, items, gear, artifacts, books, etc. Basically, it lets me replay the 1-49 game again. Nothing more, nothing less, without making me delete a character and start over a new one.

You wouldn't gain any bonus from this, so it would in no way unbalance the game or anything like that. It'd just be a nice alternative for those of us who are getting tired of deleting characters to make new ones to have fun during the best part of the game: 1-49.

Do it Trion! ;p

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Revial View Post
    So, end game is incredibly boring. I find myself enjoying my plethora of alts these days, and then promptly delete them when they get to 50 and start over again.

Anyways, I know I'm not the only one who is bored senseless at 50 and spends more time on their alts than anything else.

So, I'd like to be able to reincarnate my 50s. They start at level 1 again. But, they retain all their platinum, items, gear, artifacts, books, etc. Basically, it lets me replay the 1-49 game again. Nothing more, nothing less, without making me delete a character and start over a new one.

You wouldn't gain any bonus from this, so it would in no way unbalance the game or anything like that. It'd just be a nice alternative for those of us who are getting tired of deleting characters to make new ones to have fun during the best part of the game: 1-49.

Do it Trion! ;p
    /signed

This would be pretty sweet, I think it would also be cool if they would reward you for doing so, not so much as increase your stats or anything, but unlock different wardrobes, or super shiny dyes or something to make your character stand out more and let people know that your not messing around.

Think prestige mode in the call of duty series.

I played an mmorpg back in the day called the 4th coming, you could reincarnate as a seraph after hitting max level and defeating the end game boss. When you started over again at level one your character had angel wings or demon wings depending on what path you chose.

Prophet of Telara Shaidar Haran's Avatar

I like this idea, I haven't played any other online games other than a few yrs EQ, a few WoW. But, I like the idea of dropping back to level one and starting over.

There are quite a few things I would actually incorporate into this Reincarnation:

A new set of questlines - not all new, but some. The storyline could go something like "You have been reincarnated to continue your mission, but now that you have seen the world in all it's aspects, a new mission has been assigned to you" <insert new questlines>

I would like to see some kind of reward for doing this - Anything that doesn't change your combat abilities like a companion or maybe a special mount. Some way of saying "Been there, done that. Doing it again cause I want to."
    My Hand Reaches Far...

Quote Originally Posted by Amary View Post
    There's typically no warning for unexpected crashes.

Soulwalker

/signed

I love it...and perhaps as reward for doing this depending on the path you take (tank dps healer support) you should get another ability..... for instance ..

Healer could get the ability to mend soul on self and party/raid and definitely a extra holy glow about them.

Dps maybe a self incombat reincarnation ability...

Support a teleportation ability to teleport self and party/raid members...

Tank... thats a hard one........ an enrage ability that resets aggro on all other party/raid members except tank for whom the aggro doubles and dmg taken halves for a few seconds maybe ? ......with the obligatory don't make me angry hulk-like explosion ofc

Quote Originally Posted by zennie View Post
    /signed

I love it...and perhaps as reward for doing this depending on the path you take (tank dps healer support) you should get another ability..... for instance ..

Healer could get the ability to mend soul on self and party/raid and definitely a extra holy glow about them.

Dps maybe a self incombat reincarnation ability...

Support a teleportation ability to teleport self and party/raid members...

Tank... thats a hard one........ an enrage ability that resets aggro on all other party/raid members except tank for whom the aggro doubles and dmg taken halves for a few seconds maybe ? ......with the obligatory don't make me angry hulk-like explosion ofc
    Ah, ah!

No abilities!

Abilities start to make things imbalanced and less likely to happen. D:

To the OP, I'd totally want that... I know we have like 9 souls to choose from, but aside from the PvP soul, I really like to learn my class/soul completely as I level it. I will probably end up rerolling a lot (more) just to have the 1-50 experience all over again as a 'new' soul. Especially when going from DPS to a tank/healer/support. I like to really have a feel of what I can do, and if you've ever borrowed a friend's controller who is playing a game way further ahead than you, that's sorta how I feel when I switch souls. It's like...'OMG this is so cool I have so much stuff I can dooo!!!! ...oh...wow...that's a lot of stuff... uh...what's this do? And this? Should I use that? Is this better than this? What's that for? <facedesk>'

I've already rolled two of each class type, and they were all totally different playstyles and experiences. 290 or so to go!

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by KnirpsLyn View Post
    Ah, ah!

No abilities!

Abilities start to make things imbalanced and less likely to happen. D:

To the OP, I'd totally want that... I know we have like 9 souls to choose from, but aside from the PvP soul, I really like to learn my class/soul completely as I level it. I will probably end up rerolling a lot (more) just to have the 1-50 experience all over again as a 'new' soul. Especially when going from DPS to a tank/healer/support. I like to really have a feel of what I can do, and if you've ever borrowed a friend's controller who is playing a game way further ahead than you, that's sorta how I feel when I switch souls. It's like...'OMG this is so cool I have so much stuff I can dooo!!!! ...oh...wow...that's a lot of stuff... uh...what's this do? And this? Should I use that? Is this better than this? What's that for? <facedesk>'

I've already rolled two of each class type, and they were all totally different playstyles and experiences. 290 or so to go!
    I agree with you to a point, but to reincarnate and go 1-50 the......ability for a healer to mend soul.. or lets say not just healer but for all reincarnates to be able to mend souls and no other ability this your reward for dedication to level 1-100 effectively XD

Quote Originally Posted by zennie View Post
    I agree with you to a point, but to reincarnate and go 1-50 the......ability for a healer to mend soul.. or lets say not just healer but for all reincarnates to be able to mend souls and no other ability this your reward for dedication to level 1-100 effectively XD
    I would have to disagree., as I suggested in my previous statement above, reincarnating is not about gaining a superior edge in combat or making raiding easier, but just more Flavoring. Actually enjoying the game again. Now above, I do like the idea of getting "something' outta it, to say to everyone else, look at what I am doing cause I love this game so much. But, it would defnitely have to be non-combat like a mount or companion, or maybe a vanity gear slot like special markings on your gear.
    My Hand Reaches Far...

Oh snap, so i could be 15th prestige in Rift?

/callofdutyreference

Thumbs up

Hells yes.

And if you added in an option to change my race, or at least my appearance, I would totally go for this.

Maybe even change faction. I would love being able to make my eth a mathosian, mainly because Defiant outnumber the Guardians ridiculously on my server >.>

I'm all for letting you have this, because it doesn't affect me in the least, however I'm confused about how you concluded that because endgame is boring due to repetition, repeating the 1-49 content over and over again is different? I was bored of 1-49 after my second alt.

Although I have only a 19 alt, I do remember the basic storyline of every quest I did in the game, which is 100% of all the ones I have found. I deliberately did quest after quest, not caring if it gave xp or not, until I ran out of them. Or to be more accurate, where I ran into a bump in the road and I could no longer Solo them or simply /1 Anyone need [Insert Quest]. It was at this time, Level 50 by then, I decided to join a guild and start dungeons/raids and what not. So, it would get quite redundant for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaidar Haran View Post
    There are quite a few things I would actually incorporate into this Reincarnation:

A new set of questlines - not all new, but some. The storyline could go something like "You have been reincarnated to continue your mission, but now that you have seen the world in all it's aspects, a new mission has been assigned to you" <insert new questlines>
    would allow us to open up a whole new line to keep our attention. Where the game questlines prolly count around, I have no numbers with me atm, 1-4k?. This could open another 200 - 500 quests for us. With that kind of return I would be more than willing to go back and redo the old questlines

This could also play well into the casual gamer who isn't looking to become a raider and just bought Rift to enjoy some downtime while the kids are away.
    My Hand Reaches Far...

Ascendant

Wouldn't keeping your gear give you an advantage over other players of your same level?
    The Roguepocalypse is upon us!

Quote Originally Posted by Revial View Post
    e for those of us who are getting tired of deleting characters to make new ones
    You're probably the only one doing that.

Sounds pretty stupid if you ask me.
    "It always sound scarier when a hollerer talk soft."

Quote Originally Posted by x Ze x View Post
    You're probably the only one doing that.

Sounds pretty stupid if you ask me.
    I wouldn't say "stupid" per se. I'm just still trying to understand something. Most people who think end game is boring, think so because it's repetative. Wouldn't having so many toons that you have to delete them to reroll them through the same linear content every time also be equally as repetative? I just don't understand this request, but to each their own I suppose.
    Last edited by Sinndel; 06-21-2011 at 12:37 PM. Reason: none of ya bizness
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

Shadowlander

First off: I agree with the OP 100%. No new abilities, no special powers, but instead:
    • Reincarnation is on the same side but can have different race/gender/appearance
    • Guild affiliation / points / rank is preserved
    • Inventory, bank, and all currencies are preserved
    • Mounts / Companion pets that the original charcter unlocked are still available and usable
    • Profession skills are preserved
    • All previously unlocked souls remain unlocked.
    • Reincarnation can only equip items that are (current) level appropriate, but can wardrobe items of higher levels.
    Secondly, to address this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndel View Post
    I wouldn't say "stupid" per se. I'm just still trying to understand something. Most people who think end game is boring, think so because it's repetative. Wouldn't having so many toons that you have to delete them to reroll them through the same linear content every time also be equally as repetative? I just don't understand this request, but to each their own I suppose.
    The best analogy I can use is this: Some people really enjoy the journey, and some people really enjoy the destination. There's nothing odd about either, really, and there are adventures to be had both along the way and once you get there. But for the repeaters, eventually the wanderlust overwhelms you. And then you pack up your stuff and start out on another journey.

Gnilbert
    Last edited by Gnilbert; 06-22-2011 at 09:16 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast