+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Open World PvP Event suggestion

Soulwalker

Default Open World PvP Event suggestion

Ok here is my idea.

I think it would be pretty cool if there were also open world zone events like the rift events but specifically pvp ones.

Just like invading planar creatures, have a large army of a random faction invade a zone and try to take over the other factions outposts like planar creatures do. If guardians are attacking, defiants have to stop them from taking over the wardstones, guardians have to help their npc army take over and vice versa. These could be the quest objectives(for attackers: kill x number of guardians/defiants, cap x number of wardstones. for defenders: kill x number of guardians/defiants, defend wardstones)

If there are not a lot of people in the zones, defiants/guardians can still attack/defend alongside their NPC brethren and get rewarded.

The random rift invasions that occur during this event would also add something to the mix.

Rewards for participating would be all pvp/exp based rewards, just like participating in rift zone events offers planar/exp rewards. Once the event is over, the Attacking armies NPC's will disappear allowing business to progress as usual.

This may already exist in the game since they already have the functionality, but i have not seen an actual event like this. If it does exists, consider me a moron and hopefully a mod will close this thread.
    Last edited by Murdeath; 06-16-2011 at 06:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Murdeath View Post
    Ok here is my idea.

I think it would be pretty cool if there were also open world zone events like the rift events but specifically pvp ones.

Just like invading planar creatures, have a large army of a random faction invade a zone and try to take over the other factions outposts like planar creatures do. If guardians are attacking, defiants have to stop them from taking over the wardstones, guardians have to help their npc army take over and vice versa. These could be the quest objectives(for attackers: kill x number of guardians/defiants, cap x number of wardstones. for defenders: kill x number of guardians/defiants, defend wardstones)

If there are not a lot of people in the zones, defiants/guardians can still attack/defend alongside their NPC brethren and get rewarded.

The random rift invasions that occur during this event would also add something to the mix.

Rewards for participating would be all pvp/exp based rewards, just like participating in rift zone events offers planar/exp rewards. Once the event is over, the Attacking armies NPC's will disappear allowing business to progress as usual.

This may already exist in the game since they already have the functionality, but i have not seen an actual event like this. If it does exists, consider me a moron and hopefully a mod will close this thread.
    I support this idea. /signed

I like this idea as well.

Btw, can someone explain to me how the cross-faction invasions find their way to the zones in the first place? I always thought it would be awesome if we could use rifts for fast travel like that (start in Meridian or Stonefield and end up in Silverwood or Gloamwood, and vice versa ).
    If you're going F2P, please do it right. Don't go back on your word.

Soulwalker

I was also thinking that these events in the higher level zones would draw a bigger crowd out into the open world, and after the event is done, people would possibly continue to engage in open world pvp battles.

Also, something will need to be done to keep lvl 50's out of lvl 20 pvp zone events, for example(no rewards, penalties...etc), or just keep these events strictly to higher level zones. Which ever is easier to implement with Trion's core framework for this game.

+ Reply to Thread