+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New player first impressions feedback/suggestions

Soulwalker

Default New player first impressions feedback/suggestions

I love the class system and being able to shift around within my role at will. More total playstyles then most other games, even ones that promote themselves on sub classes and things like that which just end up being gimmicky. It also looks like the first few skills are planned out very well so new players can get neat combos right out of the gate. Warrior class could use more ranged pull skills in the lv1-4 soul range, since they don't start with a bow and the ranged weapon reward is an option next to a regular weapon upgrade (IIRC) so no one wants to pick it.

I was surprised to find that some buffs don't stack, like the +5% damage from champion and I think the other one was Reaver? They both say 'don't stack with any other of this type' but they are not called the same type of buff so I thought I could combine the two different buff types.

Suggestion:
    In a perfect world the gear tab would be connected to the soul tabs so you could store extra sets there, the warrior souls would have more ranged attacks in the 1-4 skill points level range or get a free gun, and buffs which don't stack would be uniformly named with other buffs they don't stack with.

Races are bland and shallow, and I wish the timer was shorter on the move speed increase racial power. I think I see the logic where the jump type power was a shorter timer because it goes a shorter distance then one could cover in fifteen seconds of movement speed increase, but that doesn't play out over time. Most trips moving around the world don't warrant the full duration of the move speed buff before you need to stop and fight/interact again, so you either waste it's duration or you waste it's potential by saving it for longer trips. Haven't tried fox mode much.

Suggestion:
    Lower the timer on the Agility power. In fact, if they're not usable in combat they should all have much lower timers. Just enough to stop them from being spammed. 15-30sec. Maybe the timers multiply in PvP areas.

Rifts are novel but they lose a lot of points with me for showing up in the middle of roads and quests.

Suggestion:
    Let the person who activates a tear decide what element comes forth.

Wardrobe is 'meh'. I like that it can store gear.

Being restricted to your class' armor type, at the same time as that class can wear other types, is really silly. If my warrior can put a leather helm on, he should be able to put it in his head wardrobe slot. The only reason for this restriction I can think of, is discouraging disguises in PvP, but that's still only a half measure.

Suggestion:
    Allow wardrobes to equip anything at all, and just turn them off for PvP, or have a specific PvP wardrobe slot with the restrictions on it that could be used in those areas and situations.

Water in this game is horrible... I have to tilt my camera back at the surface or my character counts as underwater and starts using up the breath meter. Holding jump sometimes moves me forward instead of up. The breath meter doesn't refill instantly when you surface, which makes NO god damn sense even if it's not a very big inconvenience it's still annoying. The game does the standard fantasy MMO break from physics and allows players to leap out of the water, but doesn't actually give that magical hop enough height to actually leap out onto anything.
    I've made a bunch of characters trying different classes out, and Kelari Refuge is a pain in the neck. I finally picked one to stick with and I'll definitely be killing everything from the beach this time.

Suggestion:
    Overhaul water controls in your first expansion or next major patch. Yes, seriously.

My 2
    Thanks for reading, if you did.

Soulwalker

+

I like when MMO's have smart assist.

Suggestion:
    If I have an ally targeted and use a spell meant for an enemy, it should be directed at that ally's target. Likewise if I have an enemy targeted and use a spell meant for allies, it should be cast and directed at that enemy's target.

+ Reply to Thread