+ Reply to Thread

Thread: When I Grow Up, I Wanna Be an Old Woman

Default When I Grow Up, I Wanna Be an Old Woman

So, I've thought it was kinds of lame that the female toons have very little difference in the faces. Basically shading in the cheekbones, and epicanthal eyefolds or not...Once you're in game, that subtle shading difference barely is noticeable. And I wished there were an older woman's face, a crone, a weathered warrioress... but I just figured that's how the game was - all young and pretty toons.

But the other day, I made my first male alt. The male toons have much more variety in the face, including faces with lots of expression and character.

I want the option of being an old woman. I also want more than the neutral-pretty expression the female faces all have. Now that I know the guys don't all have to be bland and handsome, I'm really furious about the double standard.

Yes, the Stepford Wifeieness of the female design is really creepy and telling. Do improve the actual variation of the appearance of female character.
    The Trinity is unholy! Down with the Trinity!
    Carrots belong in stew, not on the end of a stick.

Foamy tells it like it is!

Exactly!
    So glad to know I'm not the only one bothered by this.

The only problem with adding more variation is that...then people have no way to change it in-game when the new options are released. That's why there aren't normally additions/changes to character models...and then there's the chance they they keep the same amount of faces/ect and just change the current selection, and you log in one day to see your character is not the one you chose/you can't get the same one again.

But, I agree that there should be a little more variation. With that adds the almost necessity for in-game character recustomization/one time recustomization from the character select screen...otherwise, then we'd all just be complaining about how we have to reroll to get access to the new character features.

Agreed, they would have to also allow for re-customization. Which seems complicated. And makes it all the more of a shame they didn't do better on this in the first place.

Aren't there any women on the dev team?

+ Reply to Thread