+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Resize message box

Default Resize message box

It appears that the message box is the only window on the UI which you cannot move to another part of the screen or to change size. I know you can drag the corner to increase the width or length but you cannot make it any smaller.

Anyone found a way to do this?

Sez

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman2010 View Post
    I know you can drag the corner to increase the width or length but you cannot make it any smaller.

Edit: I really don't understand what you are asking
    Last edited by Sez; 06-15-2011 at 03:58 PM.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Default Scaling

He means scaling the entire box so everything in it is smaller too, the Text and everything contained in the box, same for the Backpacks and bags, which I've not found a way to rescale those either.

Not sure if there is a way to rescale the message box, my resolution is pretty darn high so it's okay. I'd more like to be able to make them disappear during combat or fade to a very low alpha, as I have people chat bubbles up I don't really need to see the raid chatter very often, and I'm almost always in a VoIP program so communication is done through words rather than text on screen.

Sorry to be less than helpful though.

- Del

Sez

Well then screen Resolution would be my suggestion as well. That should hold you over til someone makes an Addon for it.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Prophet of Telara Shaidar Haran's Avatar

Lowering my screen resolution from matching my Monitor and always playing Fullscreen or Fullscreen Windowed destroys my quality of visual effects/whole world.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I have to do it quite frequently, due to me having an Nvidia GTX 570 when the world goes green and red from watching a boss fight on youtube while in game. I've thought about playing it like that (at a lower screen resolution), but I always go back to the quality picture since I prefer to relish the game.

What we would like is to be able to make certain aspects of the UI smaller such as bags, particularly when we open the bank. All my bags fill the screen. Those are the only 2 things I can think of off hand that I would like to be able to resize:

Bags
    Chat Window

PS: Plz don't make this thread into another of the Green and Red Video problems Thread
    My Hand Reaches Far...

Quote Originally Posted by Amary View Post
    There's typically no warning for unexpected crashes.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Delofasht View Post
    He means scaling the entire box so everything in it is smaller too, the Text and everything contained in the box, same for the Backpacks and bags, which I've not found a way to rescale those either.

Not sure if there is a way to rescale the message box, my resolution is pretty darn high so it's okay. I'd more like to be able to make them disappear during combat or fade to a very low alpha, as I have people chat bubbles up I don't really need to see the raid chatter very often, and I'm almost always in a VoIP program so communication is done through words rather than text on screen.

Sorry to be less than helpful though.

- Del
    You can change the font size in the Settings for the message box.

You can rescale the whole UI on a slider. Then individually scale everything other than bags and chat boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    You obviously know nothing about Laethys, have you tried him?
    I don't log in anymore.

+ Reply to Thread