+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cross-Shard Looking for Dungeon.

Shadowlander

Default Cross-Shard Looking for Dungeon.

I realize there are alot of aspects Rift doesn't want to be like WoW (trust me, I left WoW for Rift). But the addition of the Looking for Dungeon finder in WoW was (in my opinion) the best addition they've ever made. But for one reason - It was cross-server naturally. Currently, it takes me 3 hours to get into a queue as a character leveling up, I've checked both in the 20s and 30s, and that is queued for a random as a tank, support, dps and heals (cleric).

With the Warfront being cross-server, it would only be fair to the PvE players to make the same happen for the dungeon finder, not to mention save alot of time, and actually make the system useful for something other than 50s doing experts (which by the way - Still takes ages without a healer).

Rift Chaser

Problem without Cross shard LFG is it completly kill the levling alt part of the game with dungeon since there is like no1 for low level queue.

i agree with the WF cross shard,if pvp have it we pver should also have a cross shard.

Shadowlander

/agree, cross shard needs to be put in soon. Dosn't make sene that trion didn't implement it knowing the same principles from warfronts.

Me, my entire guild, and everyone I've spoken to save a few people have said they do NOT want cross-shard LFD.

If you've ever been into WF, you see the type of things you will run into cross-shard. Needing on everything, no coordination, no typing except to bash, no requing together, no nothing.

When you make cross-shard LFD, you create an atmosphere that says, 'These people are even more of strangers than the strangers on your server, why talk to them? Why be nice? Why care?'

People have this false idea that if you put more people into the pool of people to choose from, you suddenly create more healers, tanks, or support. You don't. In all MMOs, tanks/healers/support are harder to find, and creating a larger pool of DPS does nothing to help the problem.

Another part of this is that raiding in this game is...well...an appropriate difficulty. Making friends and having a large pool of same-shard friends/connections is a really good thing. By becoming friends with people, even people from other guilds, you give yourself a better chance at sucessful raiding and shard progression. When you make it incredibly hard to randomly connect with players in situations you can actually gauge and understand their playstyle and skill, you end up slowly dumbing down you game, slowly creating a (excuse the pun) rift between players and community...

Cross-shard LFD is a bad idea because a lot of us know what it does to a game. Plenty of games lasted upwards of 10 years with no cross realm/server/shard/whatever with an incredible community and everyone you talk to from those games will happily remember the community and the friendships they made doing random instances/bosses/etc together with people on the same realm...and in that one game we don't like to mention, all you ever hear is all the bad things cross-server LFD brought.

Bottom line, cross-shard will not make queues faster on the scale people want it to, and all it will do is start the game down a path of dumbing down and catering to morons. Not casuals, morons.
    Last edited by KnirpsLyn; 06-16-2011 at 03:38 AM.

Here I place my obligatory rejection of a cross-server LFD tool. The reasons why I am against it have been stated before in the 100 or so other threads like this one so I see no need to reiterate. Just stop making new threads for this topic. It is not necessary.
    The Trinity is unholy! Down with the Trinity!
    Carrots belong in stew, not on the end of a stick.

Foamy tells it like it is!

It's clear woautoLFD has failed. Let's take it out and put in a social group finder that doesn't auto-group and auto-teleport and is single shard.

LOL @ Knirpslyn and ayenn , which one holds the leash and who wears the gimp mask as you follow each other through the LFG forums im geussing Knirpsly holds the leash

patch 1.3 all i need to say. Now pls stop with these cross server lf whatever threads
    Stupid People P*** Me Off

Quote Originally Posted by KnirpsLyn View Post
    Me, my entire guild, and everyone I've spoken to save a few people have said they do NOT want cross-shard LFD.

If you've ever been into WF, you see the type of things you will run into cross-shard. Needing on everything, no coordination, no typing except to bash, no requing together, no nothing.

When you make cross-shard LFD, you create an atmosphere that says, 'These people are even more of strangers than the strangers on your server, why talk to them? Why be nice? Why care?'

People have this false idea that if you put more people into the pool of people to choose from, you suddenly create more healers, tanks, or support. You don't. In all MMOs, tanks/healers/support are harder to find, and creating a larger pool of DPS does nothing to help the problem.

Another part of this is that raiding in this game is...well...an appropriate difficulty. Making friends and having a large pool of same-shard friends/connections is a really good thing. By becoming friends with people, even people from other guilds, you give yourself a better chance at sucessful raiding and shard progression. When you make it incredibly hard to randomly connect with players in situations you can actually gauge and understand their playstyle and skill, you end up slowly dumbing down you game, slowly creating a (excuse the pun) rift between players and community...

Cross-shard LFD is a bad idea because a lot of us know what it does to a game. Plenty of games lasted upwards of 10 years with no cross realm/server/shard/whatever with an incredible community and everyone you talk to from those games will happily remember the community and the friendships they made doing random instances/bosses/etc together with people on the same realm...and in that one game we don't like to mention, all you ever hear is all the bad things cross-server LFD brought.

Bottom line, cross-shard will not make queues faster on the scale people want it to, and all it will do is start the game down a path of dumbing down and catering to morons. Not casuals, morons.
    You don't get it. You're not on a low/medium pop server. And if you are, cool. But some people are on low population servers and it drastically effects their gameplay. You see, if there are not enough people to even make a group, then a group will not be made. If all of the servers were on the same LFD server type thing, then those low-population server people can play PVE content with other people. Did I explain it in detail enough for you, or should I start talking like a baby? If YOU don't want to use the cross server tool, then don't. In the mean time, stop trying to ruin it for the people on lower population servers.
    Last edited by Venditte; 06-17-2011 at 12:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Venditte View Post
    You don't get it. You're not on a low/medium pop server. And if you are, cool. But some people are on low population servers and it drastically effects their gameplay. You see, if there are not enough people to even make a group, then a group will not be made. If all of the servers were on the same LFD server type thing, then those low-population server people can play PVE content with other people. Did I explain it in detail enough for you, or should I start talking like a baby? If YOU don't want to use the cross server tool, then don't. In the mean time, stop trying to ruin it for the people on lower population servers.
    They dont get it must be hard to understand, you dont have to click that LFG button I agree with you should be cross shard as in my post that they cut and pasted there same reply, funny thing is if there was that option they would use it

Quote Originally Posted by Venditte View Post
    Good lord, you all really are this hostile.

Anyway, /waits for shard transfers in a week. You might wanna look into that, too.

+ Reply to Thread