+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anti-Valor ( Solution To Valor Complaints / Itemization )

Rift Disciple

Default Anti-Valor ( Solution To Valor Complaints / Itemization )

Impliment a Anti-Valor stat that only effects cutting through valor without effecting players with less / no valor gear on.

To increase the itemization for PvP, there could be some kind of Anti-Valor stat gear put into the game which would work something like this

One piece of gear has 50 valor on it, and 0 Anti-Valor
    Another piece for the same slot has 0 valor with 50 Anti-Valor and -1% Damage output

This would Allow Dps players the option to choose gear that doesnt grant any valor but instead grants the ability to cut through current valor.

The reason for adding the -1% damage is so that if a player was to stack a full set of Anti-Valor gear, they wouldnt be able to 1 shot someone in Full Valor gear, but its a small enough debuff that it wont have a huge impact on their damage output against people with much less valor.

There are 9 Slots (( Weapons not included )) for gear

So that would mean -9% outgoing damage, but you would be able to cut through Higher Rank player's Valor which reduces incoming damage by 20-30%

This would also allow fresh 50s to stand up a little better against high rank players without the implimentation of passive damage reductions like Patch 1.3 seemingly is placing in.

Dps players still have the option of going full Valor, but they will continue to do marginally less damage than a fully Anti-Valor geared player against anyone with a decent amount of Valor

Remember, dont look at the -9% damage and throw the idea out
    Currently at rank 4 with 498 valor i have 19.8% damage reduction
    Against a fully Anti-Valor geared player i would effectively only have 9% due to the -9% damage on their gear after cutting through all my current Valor.

The tradeoff is more than fair, More burst at the cost of less survivability while granting an incredibly more diverse range of gear itemization making the gear you obtain a real choice of what you want to do in PvP as opposed to what you can afford while keeping those who choose the route of the Anti-Valor to be less effective against Low ranks / Fresh 50s but granting them the ability to decimate high ranks

MMO's are all about OPTIONS, and this is in my opinion one of the best options that can be put in place

I think it's a good idea, I think.

Rift Disciple

bump bump bump

Soulwalker

I approve. Also needs a catchier name. I propose Dread.

+ Reply to Thread