+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Weapon and Armor Crafters wasted time (Trion needs to give up some love)

Shadowlander

Default Weapon and Armor Crafters wasted time (Trion needs to give up some love)

Currently if you picked anyting trade other than the ability to make Potions or Runes, you wasted a ton of time. All end game gear that's worth having comes from PvE or PvP rewards. All that time leveling crafting is just wasted...

Perhaps you don't want to let crafters make the best in game gear. Personally I think you should let them, make it hard and expensive but rewarding for the crafter so there is an economy. Even if you won't let them craft the equivalent to endgame gear, how about really close to it? Like Rank 5 PvP weapons and armor. Perhaps something close to the endgame PvE gear. I don't know what's it's called since I'm a PvPer.

Anyway, I just think you should give some love to people to actually took the time to level their weapon and armor crafting.

A game that provides professions beyond gathering/enhancement should provide endgame quality items. Some systems would still need to be in place to prevent players just buying best gear (no added incentive to buy plat). I personally went with butchering/foraging/apothecary because i wanted to be relevant in endgame but i would love for Trion to make other professions worth it. There was a thread recently that had a proposal for plaque gear http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...r-less-plaques

Rift Disciple

A way to logically impliment this is to have the high end crafting gear require components off raid bosses, that way you cant just hit 50 and get items... some components would have to be rare / hard to obtain and i dont mean rare in the sense of a blue item, i mean that they drop infrequently thus making them highly valuable

Quote Originally Posted by yoshiii View Post
    A way to logically impliment this is to have the high end crafting gear require components off raid bosses, that way you cant just hit 50 and get items... some components would have to be rare / hard to obtain and i dont mean rare in the sense of a blue item, i mean that they drop infrequently thus making them highly valuable

Also maybe have crafting mats dropped off raid mobs and high level zone invasion bosses, and can be used to craft t2 equivalent items maybe? That way we don't have to suffer from the endless T2 grind considering getting that epic off a boss is like winning a lottery.

Shadowlander

So mats dropping off raid bosses makes sense how? So the only people who can get the mats are the ones who already have access to raid gear? I could understand materials dropping from end bosses in dungeons. So anyone has access to it if they are max level and they actually run the dungeon content. Better yet make the mats soulbound and talk trion into implementing a consignment system like EQ2 has for crafting soulbound items. Back to the opening subject though, weaponsmiths can make whetstones, which are valued among melee. Armorsmiths I can understand the pain there as they have no real need once the 'starter' level 50 gear is obtained. This game is young though and we havn't seen all that is to come with regard to content. That includes crafted gear/recipes.

Quote Originally Posted by Waldoh View Post
    Currently if you picked anyting trade other than the ability to make Potions or Runes, you wasted a ton of time. All end game gear that's worth having comes from PvE or PvP rewards. All that time leveling crafting is just wasted...

Perhaps you don't want to let crafters make the best in game gear. Personally I think you should let them, make it hard and expensive but rewarding for the crafter so there is an economy. Even if you won't let them craft the equivalent to endgame gear, how about really close to it? Like Rank 5 PvP weapons and armor. Perhaps something close to the endgame PvE gear. I don't know what's it's called since I'm a PvPer.

Anyway, I just think you should give some love to people to actually took the time to level their weapon and armor crafting.

I am not sure why you think it is a waste. My wife hit 50 on her alt today and we dropped about 400 plat on the ah to player made gear to get her started.

You think player crafted should be close to end game gear and i disagree. That would make the carrot on the stick for running end game content very small.

I see player crafted gear where it should be and that is as a fast way to get into endgame to get the raid gear.

Plane Touched

Since both my level 50s are a Weaponsmith and an Armoursmith I figure that it I should have an opinion about this topic.

My weaponsmith was helpful, since I crafted myself some nice weapons and can create a steady stream of Weaponstones and Various Coatings (Well, I would if you didn't need to just apply them once and have them proc forever after them wearing off or having swapped weapons)

The weapons I make tend to have nice amounts of +Hit on allowing me to get into T1 + T2 dungeons shortly after hitting 50 (My rogue got enough stats for T2 after making a bow and grabbing a couple of pieces of PvP gear)

My Armoursmith on the other hand... I don't find the consumables to be too great (Especially when I'm not tanking) and the only pieces of armour I really found to be upgrades where the piece with toughness on (Because I needed more toughness to tank T1) and The Wall (Which I had Augmented so that it wasn't losing much stats over the shield I had before)

So... Yeah... WTB Nicer consumables for Armoursmiths...

EDIT: Just thought, instead of making raid bosses drop materials and recipies (Which seems pointless considering they already drop gear...) allowing Weaponsmiths, Armoursmiths and Outfitters to do special augments on some of their gear (That stacks with Runes and such and also requires 300 skill to recieve the benefits of)

Totally not remembering WoW's tradeskills all giving their own version of extra stats... >.>
    Last edited by Taril; 06-16-2011 at 03:04 AM.
    Sonora - 50 Rogue - 8 Bladedancer/51 Riftstalker/7 Ranger - All round tank build.
    Teralia - 50 Warrior - 22 Reaver/24 Warlord/20 Paladin - A fun to play AoE threat build.
    Karis - 46 Mage - 24 Chloromancer/27 Pyromancer/10 Warlock - A high burst support heal PvP/Solo build.
    Tarille - 50 Cleric - 5 Templar/27 Warden/34 Sentinel - A powerful AoE healing PvP build.

Quote Originally Posted by Dvious1 View Post
    So mats dropping off raid bosses makes sense how? So the only people who can get the mats are the ones who already have access to raid gear? I could understand materials dropping from end bosses in dungeons. So anyone has access to it if they are max level and they actually run the dungeon content. Better yet make the mats soulbound and talk trion into implementing a consignment system like EQ2 has for crafting soulbound items. Back to the opening subject though, weaponsmiths can make whetstones, which are valued among melee. Armorsmiths I can understand the pain there as they have no real need once the 'starter' level 50 gear is obtained. This game is young though and we havn't seen all that is to come with regard to content. That includes crafted gear/recipes.
    The point of raid equilivant gear in crafting is to sell it high or make it for alts/alt souls/hard to gear slots so you can get to your friends/current content faster.

Making the mats drop off raid bosses/trash makes sense because if it's gear you're meant to raid well in or replace/equal raiding gear, it makes sense to get it from the raid.

A reason I think they didn't do it in the first place was to keep welfare raiding and plat selling as low as possible. If you don't have a way to weasel your unskilled, crappy self into a raid, they don't have to dumb the raids down. And if you don't have uber expensive gear and welfare gear to buy to look cool, you're less likely to buy plat/items from RMT. And that makes sense.

No welfare epics, please. Release 1 tier old crafted raiding gear.

So mats dropping off raid bosses makes sense how? So the only people who can get the mats are the ones who already have access to raid gear?
    I don't know about the hardcore players that's already farming raid bosses. There are small groups out there that only plays a couple hours a day. It's hard to gather up 20 fully t2 geared causal players to pull up a raid, at least not in low population server. 80% of our raids are people with t1/t2 gears. That mat won't upgrade u to t3, but it upgrade u to t2 so next time u do better. And u can skip 20 runs in LFD. Make sense?

I could understand materials dropping from end bosses in dungeons. So anyone has access to it if they are max level and they actually run the dungeon content. Better yet make the mats soulbound and talk trion into implementing a consignment system like EQ2 has for crafting soulbound items.
    At its current level of difficulty, even gold farmers who cant read what a skill does can run t2. They know how to type " I DPS". Can't give them access to t2 mats farming. Don't know how EQ2's crafting system work, but if items are soulbound to crafter, mat/receipt grinding is no different than T2 grinding for individual.

Sez

Exquisite Whetstones are manditory for raiding.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

+ Reply to Thread