+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Some Necro love.

Soulwalker

Default Some Necro love.

From beginning to level 27/28 you rely on your pet maintaining aggro, otherwise you would constantly die. But at level 27/28 you can get a mage. But the mage is weak, and will die quickly if IT maintains aggro. So YOU have to take the aggro. Plus the mage tops at level 32?? This IS a pet class right? Or at least primarily relies on it's pet due to lots of damage-over-time spells. So let the player pick the pet and let the pets level all the way to 50. If the player wants high damage = zealot. If player wants a tank = Knight. If player wants pet to be ranged or magic = revenant.

Suggestion: Empty the crypts is VERY broken.
    Change to= 2 second cast
    3 Shambling Corpses
    Indestructible
    1.5 to 2 minute life
    5 minute recharge
    Low damage, but they hold aggro.

Sir I have no idea what you're saying! Necros are fine and they are decent tank that can self heal through pet damage.

Soulwalker

I must be doing something terribly wrong then. I hit symbiote for the pet damage/heal first because it's so quick. I run looming demise, dark touch, and necrosis, spam void bolt a few times and of course soul purge when needed. I make sure my pet has neddras strength all of the time. Problem is, the pet tops at level 27. So right now 32 and 33 level minions are killing him in 3 to 5 hits. I'm spending so much time keeping him alive I can't get any damage in. Tougher rift minions will own him in a few hits. He usually dies before I can get help to him. These aren't large mobs either. 3 total minions at most. I realize it's 4 to 5+, but what am I missing?

Soulwalker

Just to clarify. The reason I'm fighting level 32/33 mobs is because the mage is level 31. I also tried bringing in the pet mage, who caps at 32, but it doesn't take aggro. This usually means my mage takes the aggro and dies before the pet mage.

The title of this thread....best ever.
    Thanks for the haircuts.

+ Reply to Thread