+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 34

Thread: Here's a thought - a cursor you can see in battle

  1. #1
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    800

    Default Here's a thought - a cursor you can see in battle

    Here's a thought. How about a cursor/mouse pointer you can actually see during spell effects? Do you play your own game?
    Last edited by Raymath; 06-14-2011 at 05:16 PM.

  2. #2
    Ascendant Naronas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,699

    Default

    I have absolutely no problem ever seeing mine. Also, what in gods name are you clicking in combat? And if you say spells, the fact you can't see the mouse cursor is the least of your worries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walsingham View Post
    Yes, if you need to know, Vespera hit me with a big pointy spiky thing. It was immensely painful.

  3. #3
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    800

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Naronas View Post
    I have absolutely no problem ever seeing mine. Also, what in gods name are you clicking in combat? And if you say spells, the fact you can't see the mouse cursor is the least of your worries.
    If you don't have a problem seeing yours, you aren't playing RIFT, you're playing WoW, because in RIFT the mouse pointer disappears when there are 7 different spell effects going off, and no developer that actually plays the game could possibly be unaware of that fact.

  4. #4
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    800

    Default

    Also if you want to see how the program mishandles the pointer, turn on "display pointer trails" in the Windows control panel. Then you can watch it disappear out of battle.
    Last edited by Raymath; 06-14-2011 at 06:22 PM.

  5. #5
    Rift Chaser inaliz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    346

    Default

    Too many pointless suggestions in this forum. Just wasting time for devs/employees to look at realistic ones.

  6. #6
    Ascendant Naronas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,699

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raymath View Post
    If you don't have a problem seeing yours, you aren't playing RIFT, you're playing WoW, because in RIFT the mouse pointer disappears when there are 7 different spell effects going off, and no developer that actually plays the game could possibly be unaware of that fact.
    My lord! My mistake I WAS playing WoW when I said this...

    Seriously? I'd be willing to bet your vision is a bit below average or something? As this is the first time I've seen this complaint, I can tell you it's no widepsread problem except for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walsingham View Post
    Yes, if you need to know, Vespera hit me with a big pointy spiky thing. It was immensely painful.

  7. #7
    Ascendant Warbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    1,857

    Default

    erm well my cursor stays put ?, learn to use keybinds btw that way you wont need a cursor anyway

  8. #8
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    800

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Warbs View Post
    erm well my cursor stays put ?, learn to use keybinds btw that way you wont need a cursor anyway
    Using key binds will not make the routine for moving the pointer any less broken. Again. Go to the Windows control panel. Click on "mouse" Click on the pointer options tab. Click the box "pointer trails." and Move it to "long" Hit "apply" and close the control panel. Move it across your screen. It shouldn't disappear. Thats because the mouse pointer animation is handled correctly.

    Now start Rift. Go to in game and move the mouse across the screen. It disappears. Thats because the mouse pointer animation is handle incorrectly.

    "Seriously? I'd be willing to bet your vision is a bit below average or something? As this is the first time I've seen this complaint, I can tell you it's no widepsread problem except for you."

    You know I could make a snide remark about what is below average in you. This concerns the proper way to do screen redraws. Do you know a lot about that?
    Last edited by Raymath; 06-15-2011 at 05:24 AM.

  9. #9
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    97

    Default

    I've never "lost" my cursor while playing RIFT. I'm not saying it can't happen, but maybe the problem is with your computer. (ie, trying to handle the graphics processing load of huge amounts of AOE and spell effects that RIFT demands). Try turning down your graphics settings and see if it still happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Beck- View Post
    Personally I just go with the flow and do my own thing... hanging out with people I like and avoiding the jackwagons. Just like real life.
    Learn To Play: You Are Doing It Wrong (via Seebs)

  10. #10
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Saying that this suggestion is stupid or wrong because you're so eletist and don't need your pointer is a complete waste of your time. Post something constructive instead.

    I started a similar thread recently and I still think it need looking into.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...-mouse-pointer

  11. #11
    Ascendant Naronas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,699

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raymath View Post
    "Seriously? I'd be willing to bet your vision is a bit below average or something? As this is the first time I've seen this complaint, I can tell you it's no widepsread problem except for you."

    You know I could make a snide remark about what is below average in you. This concerns the proper way to do screen redraws. Do you know a lot about that?

    Allow me to reiterate, using caps so you listen. THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I HAVE HEARD OF THIS PROBLEM SINCE BETA. IT IS YOU. Please, listen to that this time.

    Edit: My mistake, there are now 3 people.
    Last edited by Naronas; 06-15-2011 at 02:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walsingham View Post
    Yes, if you need to know, Vespera hit me with a big pointy spiky thing. It was immensely painful.

  12. #12
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    800

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Naronas View Post
    Allow me to reiterate, using caps so you listen. THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I HAVE HEARD OF THIS PROBLEM SINCE BETA. IT IS YOU. Please, listen to that this time.

    Edit: My mistake, there are now 3 people.
    Listen. I put up a simple test that shows the redraw function is BOTCHED. It redraws the pointer fine during trailers and the load up screen. The redraw function goes south during animation. Unless you know what the redraw function is, please go troll another thread.

  13. #13
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    800

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Syleen View Post
    I've never "lost" my cursor while playing RIFT. I'm not saying it can't happen, but maybe the problem is with your computer. (ie, trying to handle the graphics processing load of huge amounts of AOE and spell effects that RIFT demands). Try turning down your graphics settings and see if it still happens.
    Did you do the test I posted? It has nothing to do with the graphics settings. Its a problem with the pointer redraw function. Its a common error in animated programs.
    Last edited by Raymath; 06-15-2011 at 03:02 PM.

  14. #14
    Ascendant Naronas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,699

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raymath View Post
    Did you do the test I posted? It has nothing to do with the graphics settings. Its a problem with the pointer redraw function. Its a common error in animated programs.
    So the error occurs when you put pointer trails on. Have you tried, you know. Not doing that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Walsingham View Post
    Yes, if you need to know, Vespera hit me with a big pointy spiky thing. It was immensely painful.

  15. #15
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    800

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Naronas View Post
    So the error occurs when you put pointer trails on. Have you tried, you know. Not doing that?
    Lol. Are you serious? If you are, the purpose of the test with the trails is not to be able to play the game with trails. It to show the redraw function is broken.
    Last edited by Raymath; 06-15-2011 at 03:07 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts