+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shields with Spell Power for caster Clerics~

Plane Touched

Default Shields with Spell Power for caster Clerics~

As the title says, Im a cleirc who loved the idea of being able to heal with a shield, but no shields have any spell power which make them a very weak off hand addition.

I would personally love to see some shields added for caster clerics who dont want to carry a tome around. I would be more then willing to take a minor spell power lose to equal the extra armor the shield provides.

Mostly just a cosmetic thing tho, and it would make my day to be equal in spell power to the guy next to me carrying around a tome and mace with my shield and mace!
    Last edited by Columbian; 06-13-2011 at 08:50 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Columbian View Post
    I would be more then willing to take a minor spell power lose to equal the extra armor the shield provides.
    that's exactly what the trade off is now.

it would make my day to be equal in spell power to the guy next to me carrying around a tome and mace with my shield and mace!
    considering what you just said before this, I don't even know what to say...

Plane Touched

Yea, because 400 armor which equals around a 3% melee damage reduction is a good trade off for double the spell power...

Im glad your at a lose for words, because, you didn't make any great points in your response anyway.

Thanks /food for troll.

Rift Chaser

I'm surprised there aren't Shields with +Healing and/or +Spellpower, if I understand your complaint correctly.

Seems there should be given what one of the archtypes is that can use them: Cleric.

I agree, lets see some Cleric / Healer friendly Shields.

Please refrain from making suggestions until you have some realistic vision of what you are talking about!

Yeah. Healing with a shield would increase our survivability a lot. Please give us shields that have spell power like a totem.

Oh yeah. Healing with plate would make me feel a lot safer too. I'd make a thread to ask them to give us plate with spell power, and make us wear plate <3.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Columbian View Post
    Mostly just a cosmetic thing tho, and it would make my day to be equal in spell power to the guy next to me carrying around a tome and mace with my shield and mace!
    If I am understanding this little part here right... he wants offhands that look like shields. I agree that tomes look dull. I personally would love a small shield with a holy symbol that grants spell power but has no actual defensive stats. Or some holy object, like what the rosary is for the stereotypical catholic priests. A catalyst item per se.

It doesn't need to block or give defense but ... something a little more RP oriented than just a book.... I personally think it would be cool for a justicar whos not tanking but off healing to have an option for an offhand that looks fitting and still delivers what they need. Cosmetics guys... cosmetics. Sometimes fluff helps.

Other examples: Necromancers+bloody daggers that give spell power but dont give offhand attack, just gives +spell power and stats.
    Last edited by Rafoie; 06-15-2011 at 07:45 AM.

+ Reply to Thread