+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Combat = Monotonous :( Suggestion

war

Default Combat = Monotonous :( Suggestion

hey all rift is amazing but the combat system is just based on a clobal cd like every otter game out there and that make the combat a bit..boring you know. well i propose that like in Aion, trion implant in the game a skill chain mecanic :O what do you guys think about that?.

well you get a skill and when you use it it as a % chance to pop another skill that will ''chain'' with the skill you just done and add dmg or special effet.

that would seriously be awesome guys and im sure it acn be done, maybe it willl take time, but im sure trion can do this for us .

ty

war

well sorry for my english im french canadian

Well there are "follow up attacks", finishers, reactive abilities, etc... The monotonous thing is the fact that the vast majority of the abilities you will use have a cooldown of some sort making them all very easy to macro. The monotonous thing for me is that with abilities on cooldowns and reactive abilities being off the global cooldown that a person is generally more effective playing with just a few macros then with an action bar full of abilities.

So, you want AoC style combat? I'm not going to lie, I'd rather just see AoC never make it into another game again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walsingham View Post
    Yes, if you need to know, Vespera hit me with a big pointy spiky thing. It was immensely painful.

+ Reply to Thread