+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Aenima86
  • 2 Post By Bobjohnson

Thread: I Can Haz New Hair Styles?

Default I Can Haz New Hair Styles?

Please, Trion?

I have long hair, and I like my characters to have long hair, as well. I've noticed that a large number of RPGs don't really have long hair options available when creating a character (Guild Wars, Dragon Age: Origins, Dragon Age 2, Rift, and others). I suppose that is mostly pragmatism... What woman needs her hair getting all in her face when she's trying to slay something?

But pragmatism aside, it is nice to be able to play a character that is customized the way I want her to be. For that reason, thanks for the Wardrobe and thanks for the dyes. If we could just get some new (long) hair styles, I could probably (figuratively) fall in love with my character and never leave.

The reason I played Aion for so long was because of an attachment to my character. Same reason I played WoW for so long. I may be in the minority here, but I'd like to see it happen nonetheless.

Thanks.
    Idiot 1: its a cronik spec
    Idiot 2: I have no idea what that means
    Idiot 1: it means it progressively gets stronger / better
    ================================================== =========================
    http://www.magerift.tumblr.com

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Aenima86 View Post
    Please, Trion?

I have long hair, and I like my characters to have long hair, as well. I've noticed that a large number of RPGs don't really have long hair options available when creating a character (Guild Wars, Dragon Age: Origins, Dragon Age 2, Rift, and others). I suppose that is mostly pragmatism... What woman needs her hair getting all in her face when she's trying to slay something?

But pragmatism aside, it is nice to be able to play a character that is customized the way I want her to be. For that reason, thanks for the Wardrobe and thanks for the dyes. If we could just get some new (long) hair styles, I could probably (figuratively) fall in love with my character and never leave.

The reason I played Aion for so long was because of an attachment to my character. Same reason I played WoW for so long. I may be in the minority here, but I'd like to see it happen nonetheless.

Thanks.
    It has to do with clipping issues. Though, let's be real, clipping tends to occur anyways. Just pointing out the general reason for lack of long or fancy hair styles.

Default That Makes Me a Sad Panda :(

Is there any news from Trion on it? Like it's something they want to do, but aren't able to yet? Maybe they're interested in it, and may do it in the future?

This issue (as odd as it is, everyone has their pet peeves) has made/broke games for me in the past. That's not a threat to quit or anything, just stating how important it is to me.
    Idiot 1: its a cronik spec
    Idiot 2: I have no idea what that means
    Idiot 1: it means it progressively gets stronger / better
    ================================================== =========================
    http://www.magerift.tumblr.com

Hair options is one of my biggest complaints with the game. I like to look Human, but all of the Human males (at least on Defiant) have absolutely horrible hair options.

NPCs have better hair options then we do, and I don't really understand why.

I like the idea of being able to change your look periodically; specifically facial hair and hairstyles.

Changing outfits/wardrobes is ok, but it could really be a bit more interesting with something such as a... barber!

Yeah the idea comes from LotRO.

Soulwalker

Angry pl0x!

Trion! pl0x!

I NEED long hair on all my characters! NAOW!
    I just bought rift and was pretty sure you guys have had enough time since beta to add some more hairstyles, specifically LONG hairstyles.

Come on trion!
    Do it! Thank you!

Regards,
    Arakash

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bobjohnson View Post
    Hair options is one of my biggest complaints with the game. I like to look Human, but all of the Human males (at least on Defiant) have absolutely horrible hair options.

NPCs have better hair options then we do, and I don't really understand why.
    Because NPCs are a set model and not a set of models like the player characters are. Its why all the NPCs tend to look similar.

But yes I agree, they do have better hair.

Soulwalker

Trion should implement a stylist where you can purchase hairstyles or unlock them through a quest giving by the contact. There should be many different types. Then a colorist that gives quests to attain dyes for your hair. But not the normally things, they should be unique.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Judgement View Post
    they should be unique
    Aren't the billions of color combos already available through character creation enough? The ability to change this periodically would be nice but I feel there are tons of options already. Then again I'm the type of person who tends to spaz out when confronted with such a plethora of choices.

As for long hair, well, coming from a design view, it's just hard. It's hard to have long hair and have it move in a non-robotic way and not interfere with everything else going on in the character model. I've never really seen it done well.

+ Reply to Thread