+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Redo AOE with a flat value divided by the number of targets

Default Redo AOE with a flat value divided by the number of targets

AOE damage is too high, it needs to be a flat value but divided by the number of targets affected.

Having it do the same damage to every target is too much.

My suggestion is to increase by 10% the damage done but then divide it by the number of targets affected so if the damage is 1000 per second and there are 10 people the damage to each is 100.

So the less number of people the more damage but the more people the damage is more spread out.

Also, AOE damage should be avoidable by dodging too.
    I don't like mean people, rude people and people who are not nice.

Herp Derp : 1. An expression used when you yourself, has done somthing extremely stupid and dopey. 2. A phrase said by idiotic morons who think they are cooler then they actually are. *Dictionary definition

lol no.... Aoe would be completely worthless at that point.

This defeats the purpose of the AoE as it is currently AoE is not very useful against a single target and sometimes not even against 2-3 targets (though I think 3 is usually pretty useful personal opinion) AoE is made to be more damaging to a group and less damaging to a single target.

So as I said this idea really defeats the purpose of AoE in every way. You are basically asking to make AoE spells a single target spell as that's where their main use would change to (or very very small groups no more than 3 and that's probably pushing it)

Next you'll be suggesting Soul Drain doesn't increase per target the more there are (up to a point).

*Hides*

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    You obviously know nothing about Laethys, have you tried him?
    I don't log in anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Anuhart View Post
    Next you'll be suggesting Soul Drain doesn't increase per target the more there are (up to a point).

*Hides*
    bet hed ask for them to not be interruptable then to compensate
    And the little Warrior said to the little Mage "One day I'm going to grow up to be a fierce dual wielding Paragon and people will run in fear because I'll be so Intimidating in Battle" The Mage looked at the little Warrior and said "Ya well, I'm going to be a Pyromancer" and that was that.
    \(Q_Q)/ <---sad paragon

You would end up using AOE against single targets moreso than against the intended targets. Why? because it did more damage.

Champion of Telara Silverangel69's Avatar

This idea makes some sense, but choosing when to place an AoE skill and when not is a big part of the skill involved in using them. This would remove that.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverangel69 View Post
    This idea makes some sense, but choosing when to place an AoE skill and when not is a big part of the skill involved in using them. This would remove that.
    Maybe playing as a cabalist has biased my view, but no, this idea is terrible and makes absolutely no sense at all.

+ Reply to Thread