+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Explore the Darker Side of the Vigil

Default Explore the Darker Side of the Vigil

Dear Trion...

In order to get Guardians to stop constantly rolling Clerics and imagining that Defiants are automatically the bad guys, please explore the darker side of the Vigil a little more.

Yes. Propose story twist: Br Jebiah (the nasty little man, who could only be nastier if he had a combover) is a Regulos stooge. Check out his artifact set with torture implements and his general disregard for life.

Please make it so. No way was Alsbeth the only powerful Regulos crypto-follower within the Guardian camp. She couldn't have been working alone. Br Jebiah was helping her. And needs to be hacked in half with a 2 handed sword. Get rid of him please, he's revolting.

Look at Kain - he wasn't half as fervent and he got turned.
    My shiny carapace is cracked. I should have never left the sea. Krugon.

Plane Touched

Sometimes war makes the most interesting bed fellows they say. Yes he probably is revolting but in war you NEED those revolting people to do the deeds that NEED to be done to win a war. Having everyone be "oh I am LG or LN" is just plain idiotic. Sometimes even CE gets into a LG organization especially during wartime. And war has an interesting way of changing others.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Friar Tuck View Post
    Please make it so. No way was Alsbeth the only powerful Regulos crypto-follower within the Guardian camp. She couldn't have been working alone. Br Jebiah was helping her. And needs to be hacked in half with a 2 handed sword. Get rid of him please, he's revolting.
    I'd actually put Alsbeth in the Defiant camp becaues of Aedraxis (you know the villain who broke the ward with his accomplice, the mad defiant leader Orphiel)

Alsbeth had a thing for Aedraxis you know.. So your right.. Alsbeth wasn't working alone.. It was Orphiel who helped...
    "Power is neccessary because conflict will never dissappear"

Quote Originally Posted by LordOberon View Post
    I'd actually put Alsbeth in the Defiant camp becaues of Aedraxis (you know the villain who broke the ward with his accomplice, the mad defiant leader Orphiel)

Alsbeth had a thing for Aedraxis you know.. So your right.. Alsbeth wasn't working alone.. It was Orphiel who helped...
    Orphiel was deceived. He ultimately tried to steal the power of the Vigil and use it as a weapon against Regulos didn't he? Also, Regulos didn't enter until the Defiant Technicians maintaining the ward were slain, if you create a defiant character the first thing you see is that Guardians in their ignorance destroyed the machines that could have saved Telara, which allowed Aedraxis to enter the world. The opening cutscene shows the last action Guardians commit before leaving the beginner zone in Mathosia.

But what's more interesting to me is that a dark side to the Vigil is occasionally hinted at, but never fully explored.

No, Brother Jebiah is a nice man who is a good influence for all inquisitors(such as Stumpet Rakingclaw). He is too strong in will to be turned. Marshal Kain and those fragments of Aedraxis were Alsbeth's doing. Heck, he almost kills you in Iron Pine Peak. Cyril Kalmar isn't seen enough IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by benjie View Post
    Rift died?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerus View Post
    Dear Trion...

In order to get Guardians to stop constantly rolling Clerics and imagining that Defiants are automatically the bad guys, please explore the darker side of the Vigil a little more.
    Lmao. I guess you are at it again. More nonsensical posts in regard to "PvP balance" in some nature because you lack the ability to adapt, overcome, achieve and succeed.

Your eyes must be awful sore man. All you do is sit on these forums and cry about PvP all day.

Don't even try to act like this isn't about that. Allow me to point out where you became obvious:

Quote Originally Posted by Nerus View Post
    Dear Trion...

Last edited by Strategic; 06-26-2011 at 12:34 AM.

Plane Touched

And Marshal Kain is a good guy.

"...But the gods of the Vigil intervened. Their messengers went among the fallen and Ascended the worthy, not for their virtue, but for their MIGHT! In you, they place their faith, their hope and their power. You are our salvation. YOU are a Guardian."

I first started off as a guardian and i automatically thought the defiants were the bad guys. When i made a defiant, i saw that the guardians were just pompous jerks.lol.

+ Reply to Thread