+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Profession- Shopkeep

Shadowlander

Default New Profession- Shopkeep

I think it would be cool if real players could play more roles in the game versus such a large necessity for NPCs

Shop Keep:
    You sell items to increase your level

Items for sell:
    A set list of armor, weapons, drinks, etc., is available that the shop keep can buy at a "wholesale" price and have a preset minimum sale price that can be raised (not lowered to prevent the shop keep from manipulation). The higher your level, the larger the list and equipment you can sell (greens to epics)

Buying/resale:
    The shop keep may purchase items from other players similar to trading, or the shop keep can use their own loot, and can resell them for profit.
    -Non-Soulbound: items purchased may be sold at slightly lowered prices (at least the same as if you sold it to an NPC) to allow for competition between shop keeps
    -Soulbound: May be purchased and converted to non-Soulbound items but with a penalty. I figured either the minimum price would be jacked up (again to prevent shop keep manipulation) OR a stat reduction.

Your shop: (Probably going to get an AION copycat for this)
    You can set up shop in your main city, preventing spam in every town you travel to. I think it would be awesome to be able to set up a shop that you can organize/upgrade yourself, but without adding another zone it will take up too much room. So you pop a tent out and begin. You set up a bag/window that anyone may view and purchase from. The customer will have 2 options:
    1) Purchase (the set price setup by the shop keep)
    2) Barter, this will allow them to offer a different amount of money AND even offer up their own items for the shop keepers for them to resell

The higher your level the more items you are allowed to sell within each window

"But I don't want to just sit there, I want to be to go quest too!": (Here comes the FF copy cat troll)
    To allow the player to go have their own fun, you can hire an NPC to sit in your shop for a set amount of time (preventing too much spam and opening up room for shops). the NPC can not Barter, buy net items, adjust prices, and has a smaller sell slot window compared to the shop keep doing it himself.

Ideas/opinions?
    I am my own Shalafi

We have an AH and I dont think this would add anything.

Shadowlander

Keep the AH. This is just a chance to introduce more items. The list would include exclusive weapons to this profession that would span up into raid gear.
    I am my own Shalafi

+ Reply to Thread