+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bard suggestions / band-aids

Soulwalker

Default Bard suggestions / band-aids

It has been claimed by many that bard rogues need some love, due to terrible gear scaling. While I know that still needs to be addressed, here is my easy bandaid fix that seems kinda logical... I think?

A change in Motif of Bravery from a set increased attack power buff, at level 50 its 62, to flat 5% increase. Wow, not that hard am I right? Solves problems that as gear gets better, our buffs were diminishing in power.

A change in Motif of Regeneration, from the set heal of 103hp/3secs to a flat 3% or 4%, idk on the number, but again. band-aids problems.

Same thing could also be said on anthem of glory, however, with rogues with less armor, a set % would mean they would have less value for the anthem then.

This is were I am going to go off on a tangent. Just so I can pool everything into one thread.
    X class is doing Y, so as gear gets better Y should also improve.
    Healers obtain better healing threw more gear
    Damage obtain better DPS threw more gear
    Tanks Live longer threw more gear.
    Support classes improve the slice of life for the group with better gear

Bards go under the support class, but we are a WEIRD kind of support class. We support the group with our buffs and debuffs, we bring little to no damage, almost always below that of the tank (BAD) and our little healing gets spread out to 5 players (DECENT) The wierd thing is, you can bring a naked bard to a group, and you wouldn't notice that huge of a difference between him and a raid ready bard(BAD) Its the way the class is set up. On the rogue forums there are rogues QQing that thier guild denies them loot because it almost just goes to waste, and they are put in the back of line for drops. I doubt that actually happens alot but it probably does.

So while I can give band-aid fix advise the class does need a work around.

I personally would like more attacks, spamming cadence and coda just isn't a good playstyle, It got dull fast. would be nice if it would actually feel like you were making music on the spot.

I don't think you understand the gear-scaling problem you guys have. It's more to do with the fact that Coda hits for about 128 naked, 138 with relic weapons, and 150 in full raid gear. I believe (There is a thread about this) these numbers are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walsingham View Post
    Yes, if you need to know, Vespera hit me with a big pointy spiky thing. It was immensely painful.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Naronas View Post
    I don't think you understand the gear-scaling problem you guys have. It's more to do with the fact that Coda hits for about 128 naked, 138 with relic weapons, and 150 in full raid gear. I believe (There is a thread about this) these numbers are right.
    I am aware of this, but half the community, or at least on that very same thread, are extremely thick headed. The argument "bards are a buff/debuff class NOT a damager, healer, or damaging healer" came up so often I must have caved in or something and just started believing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibiki View Post
    I am aware of this, but half the community, or at least on that very same thread, are extremely thick headed. The argument "bards are a buff/debuff class NOT a damager, healer, or damaging healer" came up so often I must have caved in or something and just started believing it.
    I do agree that the static value buffs should be changed to a % though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walsingham View Post
    Yes, if you need to know, Vespera hit me with a big pointy spiky thing. It was immensely painful.

Rift Chaser

While having percent based buffs might be nice, your numbers need some work.

Do you know many people with 1240 AP/SP? Because 5% of that is 62. You'd actually be nerfing the motif most of the time.

Similarly, the break even point on 3 or 4% compared to ~100hp/tick is 3330 or 2500 hp. So that would actually be a massive increase.

I would actually love it if they borrowed the bard mechanic from Vanguard: You had different kinds of components for your song; as you leveled up, you unlocked more slots to add components, and better versions of the components, and you actually built your own songs. Each component had a cost associated with it (energy/s), while some components (Rests) reduced the cost of the song. So, for example, I had a song full of the right balance of run speed components and rests so that I could maximize my run speed without losing energy (20% run speed with net 0 cost, including my passive regen), and I had another run speed song that burned energy like crazy (34% speed, but I could only maintain it about 10-15 seconds) to run away. This would actually probably replace a majority of current buff type abilities (anthems for sure, probably motifs, and possibly fanfares) with various components/slots for song creation, so we would likely need a few more basic attack abilities.

+ Reply to Thread