+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Some thoughts I'd like to share

Telaran

Default Some thoughts I'd like to share

I'm the primary tank for my little group most of the time. I'm geared ok but not great Warrior. I meet the requirements for T1 raids but I've only attempted it a couple of times. I dedicate 3 of 5 fiive roles to tanking. In talking to other tanks and healers for that matter I don't know very many of us who just love our jobs. Tanking often feels like a job.

I personally like the option of letting a Cleric or Rogue tank some bosses. I like that I can face any boss and live if the healer has my back. I don't mind that some bosses seem easier for at least Rogues.

Here's where I might upset some people. I'd like to see 51 point Elementalists and Necro's able to provide pets capable of tanking end game content as well. I think more options for tanks mean more opportunities for me to not always have to. It means more oppurtunities for my nonWarrior characters to get into dungeons.

Mages are silly squishy but they don't get anything awesome for being mages. They don't have better DPS, they don't heal better, though maybe easier.

Rogues, Warriors and Clerics can already fill the tank role. I would like to see mages with an option to do it as well. I don't want to see the mage themselves get this level of buff because it would mess up PVP. If the pet can be buffed to fill the PVE roles but not the valor for PVP it should not take away from PVP and I think it will enhance PVE.

Just my thoughts as a player who really enjoys the game and doesn't mind other people sharing the job part of the game.

Prophet of Telara

My main thought is I strongly disagree. Warrior is lacking roles that they can join for instances and you want a class capable of joining as 3 to have a 4th option?
    the rant about the warrior being your main sounds to me like a rouse. I played a mage til 1.1 and can safely say there's no need for them to have a 4th role.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Detill5869 View Post
    My main thought is I strongly disagree. Warrior is lacking roles that they can join for instances and you want a class capable of joining as 3 to have a 4th option?
    the rant about the warrior being your main sounds to me like a rouse. I played a mage til 1.1 and can safely say there's no need for them to have a 4th role.
    It took me awhile to decide I thought this is a good thing. Rogues and Clerics already offer more than warriors, I think Mages should be able to tank, why should they be excluded when all other classes can perform this role? I think It's uncool that Clerics and Rogues can tank with one role used when I have to use 3?

Warriors need to be able to bring more to the table. I don't have trouble getting groups as DPS though, I can DPS as well as Rogues, I often do better. Maybe not after 1.3 :/ warriors crying about SLI have got what they asked for. : ?

Let Mage tank pets Tank. I don't care. An AI is not going to be better at it than I am but at least it's an option and allowing a Necro or Elem to jump in if I go down or tank when no tank is around what does it hurt? Give my warrior more than I have now. Give Mages more than they have now. Clerics and Rogues seem to have enough already.

+ Reply to Thread