+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Forum rules are effecting server forum moral

Default Forum rules are effecting server forum moral

Dear Trion,

I usually read/respond to seastone forums. These boards are slow even at the best of times. However when we do get threads with good activity you close them. Leaving the community upset and disgruntled.

We should be able to make @<name> posts. People enjoy these, even the people that they are directed at.

We should be able to have heated conversations with yes! even some name calling. They should only be closed in extreme cases. People come to server boards to vent, to brag, to stir the pot. Your killing that.

Please please please consider softening the rules for server forums.

General of Telara

On a pvp server I would totally agree, the whole idea on pvp is kill or be killed. So in most cases names will be mentioned, it's what pvp'ers signed onto a pvp server for.

Trion did state if you don't like being ganged over and over don't roll on a pvp server, but the same will ring true, that if you don't like the whole banter that comes with being on a pvp server you shouldn't be on one.

Pve servers I can understand, that ere might not be as much of a need for the abuse that's back and forth.

I am curious, on rp servers, if you cant rp out rough forums in some cases and abuse people how are you actually rp'ing?

Quote Originally Posted by missheidijo View Post
    Dear Trion,

I usually read/respond to seastone forums. These boards are slow even at the best of times. However when we do get threads with good activity you close them. Leaving the community upset and disgruntled.

We should be able to make @<name> posts. People enjoy these, even the people that they are directed at.

We should be able to have heated conversations with yes! even some name calling. They should only be closed in extreme cases. People come to server boards to vent, to brag, to stir the pot. Your killing that.

Please please please consider softening the rules for server forums.
    I am personally glad they do not allow the forums here to turn into a a flame feast!
    I feel trion does a very good job at keeping the forums here a clean safe place to read and post.
    If you want to flame people there are forums for that in other places.

@kelpie

i agree

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfetx View Post
    I am personally glad they do not allow the forums here to turn into a a flame feast!
    I feel trion does a very good job at keeping the forums here a clean safe place to read and post.
    well, you can still flame someone, you just cant put their name in the tittle.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfetx View Post
    Perhaps my issue is really more of a PVP server issue. You are right, there are other places to post, VN for example but it would be pretty sad if server communities had to resort to moving to an outside source in order to post with less censorship involved. As for Trion keeping it clean and safe, I don't think any forums have ever made me feel unsafe. Have they for you? For the record I also haven't seen any post's on seastone being closed for being 'unclean'. Not all of us want to be kept in a warm comfy bubble with nothing to challenge us.

I to am glad the rules are as they are and are enforced. The last thing any game needs is notoriously crewel forum denizens. That is called negative social advertising. Negative advertising is bad... baaaad. You can argue the context of PvP forums makes a difference but, really, it does not.
    The Trinity is unholy! Down with the Trinity!
    Carrots belong in stew, not on the end of a stick.

Foamy tells it like it is!

Quote Originally Posted by Ayenn View Post
    I to am glad the rules are as they are and are enforced. The last thing any game needs is notoriously crewel forum denizens. That is called negative social advertising. Negative advertising is bad... baaaad. You can argue the context of PvP forums makes a difference but, really, it does not.

I'd compare it to the jerry springer show. We all know its trash. Many will say there is no place for it. but the ratings and lifespam of the show say's otherwise.

Plane Walker

/signed.

Gorth- R20 War-Guardian
    <Black Flag>
    Deepstrike
    Converted to PvE Allstar !?!?!?!?!

Ellanair-2x Rogue

signed.

Also, get rid of this ****ing 10char limit ********, ffs.

Signed.

<3 Kelpster.

My Livestream
    Mercenary @Mind Trick

Wait, what?

I long for the endless (and endlessly off color) glory days of the Iron Rock message boards. And an end to censorship and a return to some trash talking (for all the posting I do <sarcasm> I enjoy reading other monkeys dance cards for my own entertainment).

Signed. Done. "cmon, Trion. Can't call out by name or guild? That's stupid.

+ Reply to Thread