+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Planetouched Wilds: A candidate for RvR

Telaran

Default Planetouched Wilds: A candidate for RvR

By now, most of us know this area exists just next to droughtlands, for those that don't it's featured here
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cld6T...feature=relmfu

I believe a dedicated PvP zone would be good for the game, this is me speaking as a PvE player. While I don't care for hassle while leveling I still spend about 50% of my time in the warfronts (contrast this with the 1.5 dungeons I've done in total).

I envision it being thus; Either end of the map is a fortified guardian and defiant encampment, complete with ports, vendors, healers and daily quest givers. strewn between are hubs owned by either side or planar invaders. Once a hub has been taken, more quests can be done to fortify it and give rep/currency.

All the while rifts are spawning and throwing out invasions, sometimes fighting each other, sometimes you. All in all, the place is going to be a constant dynamic battlefield.

Rewards can range from rep mounts/shinies to new equipment, powerful gear and wardrobe outfits, maybe some more ascended powers or a buff that come from owning a certain percentage of the battlefield.

Speaking as a PvE player, PvP needs some love and I think this would be a good start.

Champion of Telara Silverangel69's Avatar

Supposedly there may be one coming.

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...-and-1.5-stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Silverangel69 View Post
    Supposedly there may be one coming.

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...-and-1.5-stuff
    They say nothing about rvr in that interview, matter of fact they stat the opposite.
    "with new PvP zone where 80 players (40 vs. 40) can compete!"

That is not rvr. That is just a massive instance warfront.

"new world events causing other events PvP"

That part there is just stating what they have always said that having world events should spawn world pvp by simply being out in the open world (on pvp servers).

So i would not hold your hopes to high for rvr in Rift.

That interview covers us up to the 6 month mark of rift and nothing rvr like in the works.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfetx View Post
    They say nothing about rvr in that interview, matter of fact they stat the opposite.
    "with new PvP zone where 80 players (40 vs. 40) can compete!"

That is not rvr. That is just a massive instance warfront.
    It's hard to say, at least for me, what the correct translation of "zone" from the French should be. The OP himself used the word "zone" to describe what he wants, as opposed to a warfront, yes? I guess we'll see.

Gersh seems to have now said that this is a warfront, so you were right.

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...=1#post2596951

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Silverangel69 View Post
    Gersh seems to have now said that this is a warfront, so you were right.

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...=1#post2596951
    That's disappointing if it's just the new warfront, part of the experience of RvR is calling out in chat for reinforcements and having a horde of allies coming to faceroll the enemy.

Although it remains to be seen what these open world PvP event entail, if they look good I may have to level a character on a PvP server to see them.

Quote Originally Posted by arsenicPastry View Post
    That's disappointing if it's just the new warfront, part of the experience of RvR is calling out in chat for reinforcements and having a horde of allies coming to faceroll the enemy.

Although it remains to be seen what these open world PvP event entail, if they look good I may have to level a character on a PvP server to see them.
    I am curious how they would do a open world pvp event on a pve server. Since you cant force anyone to pvp on our servers.

I do not pvp at all. Just to get that out of the way up front.
    Warfronts a or a rvr zone really would not have a effect on my playstyle (as long as they kept faction wide buffs out of it). But putting a open world pvp event in the middle of my pve zone may very well effect my pve play and that would highly upset me.

+ Reply to Thread