+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Keep losing my mouse pointer

Shadowlander

Default Keep losing my mouse pointer

When there's lots of stuff going on in the game like Im on a boss or something I keep losing where my mouse pointer is because it blends in so well with everything else.
    What would be nice is if you give us the option to change the colour of the pointer so we can see it better.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Siborg View Post
    When there's lots of stuff going on in the game like Im on a boss or something I keep losing where my mouse pointer is because it blends in so well with everything else.
    What would be nice is if you give us the option to change the colour of the pointer so we can see it better.

This is a very good idea. I've always said this myself since beta. When you have the ability to play the game with spell effects turned up it does become very easy to loose sight of the mouse cursor in a raid.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Siborg View Post
    The mouse pointer is actually disappearing as the result of a broken redraw function. A simple test to see the result without a lot of action on your screen is to simply turn on mouse trails in the control panel.
    You'll notice when Windows is handling the redrawing ( the screen is animated with screen redraws from a screen in memory), it works fine. But as soon as RIFT takes control of that function, the pointer starts disappearing as it is animated. There's an error in the redraw loop. Its a crap shoot whether or not you'll be able to see you pointer where you stop it during heavy animation. Again, with the simple test ( mouse trails on) you can see the result without needing the heavy animation. Just move your pointer and stop it. Sometimes it will be visible when it stops, sometimes it won't.

+ Reply to Thread