+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Questing Useful Beyond Level Cap

Default Questing Useful Beyond Level Cap

I decided to write this here because I decided it is more of an idea/suggestion than a response to someone demanding more quests and a higher level cap. Unfortunatly I was typing it on my phone and after 34 minutes the system would not accept it. Here I go.

No level cap increase.....there must be another way. Perhapes in a distant expansion Trion could instead add a new zone dedicated to questing with teired gear. Threre could be thousands (maybe an exageration)of quests that one could do to award tokens for the gear. The gears stat would be something like "hunting" skill stat on the gear to fight these monsters in the large zone.

These quests would be diveded by tier and if it requires a big group to complete. There would be a set limit of sorts on each individual group and in order to promote the group quests to be completed it could be a couple dalies that cycle each day giving everyone the same quest on any particular day. These quests could potentionaly send you to all the way across the zone even for a tier 1 quest and a tier 3 quest could have you fight some mobs just outside the hub. This would happen because the 'camps' of mobs would be spread out in a way that there is no grouping of any particular tier and to create a sense of danger when travling until you learn the way of the land.

These tokens can be achieved in numerous of other ways as well such as a random drop from rifts in the area, garrenteed from zone invasions, killing the hundreds (another hyperbloe I think) of rare mobs, and from more dynamic events involving the nearby surrounding mobs. Note that rifts would not scale using this questing gear and in order to promote participation during rift Invasions mob density would decrease a lot as well to prevent people dieing a thousand times.

There could be a special teir involving difficult to do quests possibly requiring a raid to do in order to recive special tokens that could be used for cosmetics, crafting recipies, fun items, and some gear but not much as well. these crafting recipies would require hard to get materials off of mobs (possibly the hundreds of rare ones) and create the best gear for the questing zone.

In an effort to encurage some open world pvp you would also get some normal tokens from doing enough of it, yet not too much to make people feel forced into it. These are some ideas I am trying to get down before timer expires again.... These are just some ideas to allieviate this persons concern I supose, just something that could possibly be added. Feel free to expand upon or to ask questions/critize.
    Last edited by Turrant; 06-10-2011 at 02:34 PM. Reason: more info! feel like its still missing something....

Angry The edit timer

This is similar to the system set in place in scarwood to earn som faction reputation points. Some rare mobs would require a group to take down even in full/best gear and would award more tokens in general. these changes would stimulate the crafting economy some being the best gear to achieve for the zone. Perhapes there could be a special dungeon as well that is semi-open (people can pour in until a cap then a new instance group forms) or could be a race the other faction to complete the dungeon. It would work differently requiring again the hunting gear and would not offer the same rewards as normal expert dungeons, the filling in could work simillar to warfronts where the system would try to keep the teams even in number. The dungeon can also be of differnt mechanics as well (others can be creative here). It would only be open periodically as well, not full time. It could be on of those 'enter the rifts' ideas right after an Invasion of the zone. As far as pvp balance the gear will not be overwhelmingly powerful like teir 3 raid legiondaries for dps, nor will it be as good for survival like pvp gear with valor. Rather it would lie in between becauseit would be neccesary to be like that for the solo quests of course.
    Last edited by Turrant; 06-10-2011 at 02:51 PM. Reason: spelling

+ Reply to Thread