+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Crafting idea: related to soulbound items.

Soulwalker

Default Crafting idea: related to soulbound items.

I would like to see a craftable item that can unsoulbind a piece of armor. Make it so an armor-smith makes the item that unsoulbinds chain and plate, weapon-smith for weapons etc... It should probably be rather expensive to make. Maybe even have a 24 hour or more cool down.

Thoughts???

I am all about crafting and making crafting relevant to game but I do not support this idea.

Soulwalker

This would turn all items into purely a function of gold, as anything, even raid items or epic rift items could be unbound and sold. This would only encourage more plat farmers to come invade Rift as the demand for platinum grows.

You could try to draw the lines, saying certain items can't be unbound but what's the point then? It would bring far more trouble to Rift than it's worth.

Soulwalker

Default Soulbound Items

So, I'm a somewhat of a newb to the MMO RPG community, less than 3 yrs. I have experience with 4-5 different games (only 2 that I played to any kind of end game level). I put that out there purposely to show that I am open to respectful discussion and I recognize I may be missing game mechanics that I had not been aware of nor had considered inadvertently.

That being said...

I do not like the idea of dictating WHAT players can do or can not do based on the alleged abuse of other individuals in games. What I am hearing from these messages are that we wouldn't want to have a tool that allowed you to unbind a soulbound item because of that. The thing that I don't get (here's your chance to help me understand it better) is what's the big deal about people selling things. I am can be offended by the idea that maybe that person didn't pay their dues, so to speak; however, bottom line is SOMEONE had to run the dungeon... SOMEONE had to farm the items to make the money, and SOMEONE had to play IN GAME to get what people want in order to sell it. In essence, I often think of this scenario more along the lines of people paying other people to sit for hours and hours - so they're selling their time more than anything. The negative to this is that people are actually also selling something that (in theory) belongs to Trion so it's not really theirs (I get that totally). At any rate, I do not get what that REALLY has to do with soulbound items.

If the parameters on soulbound items required a certain skill - then each person who ran a dungeon would have to level their skill ability to be able to do that... I'd go as far as to say - if you want to limit the soulbound unbinding -- why not limit it to only binding to a character ON YOUR account. That would make more sense to me. Why shouldn't I be able to use somethign I earned on any character I want... or unbind it for one. Require a skill and keep to the account owner. that is my suggestion....
    Last edited by healinggrace; 07-14-2011 at 03:16 PM.

Plane Touched

Definitely No.
    This will ruin most of the mechanics in the game and destroy it.

Instead, I would like to see some T2/raid class Epic Gear that can be crafted but will be bound to Account once crafted. Required mats would be something dropped by raid trashes (currently clearing raid trashes, especially RoS, is a pain. So many of them and yet they seldom drop anything valuable or keep dropping the same thing). This would make raiders enjoy the game more with their alts. At least make you don't just raid for DKP or MoA and your raiding benefits your alts, and that alts can motivate you to keep playing the game. Encouraging players to play alts is a very important mean to make them stay in the game after they reach certain extent and become hard to advance any more.

No.

+ Reply to Thread