+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: New Gameplay Suggestions

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    18

    Default New Gameplay Suggestions

    To whom it may concern:

    Things in my personal opinion I think would be fun if added to the game.

    1.) Weapon Skills - As a player auto attacks or performs an ability they would build up charge, once that charge meter is max, they can perform a Special weapon ability unique to that equipped weapon type(think final fantasy games) different weapon skills could be unlocked as you progress to the capped level.

    2.) Weapon Skill Chains - This was one feature of FFXI that I really liked but never saw in any other video games. When a player is in a group and they perform a "Weapon Skill" certain weapon skills can be used in succession by other players in the group to trigger what is know as a Skill Chain(an extra effect that happens with a successful skill chain execution i.e. lowers enemies defense, hits for another amount of damage...etc

    Although some may not like this, i personally found it quite fun when in a group to break the monotony of grinding quests/dungeons. Just my 2 cents.

  2. #2
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    169

    Default

    I like the skill chain idea, there is a similar concept in LOTRO and I really liked it.

  3. #3
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enamel View Post
    I like the skill chain idea, there is a similar concept in LOTRO and I really liked it.
    I never got a chance to play that game, im glad someone made an attempt at implementing that functionality. Hopefully Trion sees this thread and brainstorms a future development/implementation

  4. #4
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Murdeath View Post
    1.) Weapon Skills - As a player auto attacks or performs an ability they would build up charge, once that charge meter is max, they can perform a Special weapon ability unique to that equipped weapon type(think final fantasy games) different weapon skills could be unlocked as you progress to the capped level.
    Something very similar is already in the game. It's not weapon dependent, but you unlock skills that use charge/attack points/combo points/conviction.
    The Roguepocalypse is upon us!

  5. #5
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kymeric View Post
    Something very similar is already in the game. It's not weapon dependent, but you unlock skills that use charge/attack points/combo points/conviction.

    Yes, I was thinking of something a little different though. It would be weapon based, meaning if a rogue and a warrior of lvl 50, would have access to the same weapon skills if both had the same weapon type equipped. The charge meter would build up slowly over time by attacking or being attacked unlike combo points, think of TP from the final fantasy series. The main point of these weapon skills would be to allow for skill chains like I mentioned in my previous post.

  6. #6
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Also this could add some more depth to the group dynamic in this game furthering it from WoW, which at this point, Rift seems like a pretty close copy of it with a few minor differences.

  7. #7
    Telaran Controled's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    52

    Default

    Kinda sounds like an Enchant for a weapon from wow, or even a Chance on hit type thing

  8. #8
    Soulwalker Jarina87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Controled View Post
    Kinda sounds like an Enchant for a weapon from wow, or even a Chance on hit type thing
    no, the WS system isn't/wasn't chance based. You got a certain amount of TP(Tech Points) per hit depending on your weapon and you needed a minimum of 100/300 TP, with 100 being the min and the max was 300.
    MB(Magic Burst) was also a cool part of the SC system until ToAU destroyed it.

    Would love to see SC and WS in Rift

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts