+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PVP + Open PVE Features needed

Default PVP + Open PVE Features needed

I think that is becoming boring play just for a canonical dungeon or battleground.

As many of you told yet, we need some pvp arenas, maybe 2vs2/4v4, random and not random.
    As i have yet suggested sometimes before also something like:
    1-The player can make up a stall with the possibility to sell their goods. (Very usefull if you go afk for some minutes)

2-The war for fort - located around the map there are several fortresses that periodically become the battleground between guilds to control them.
    Control this fortress allows the guild to earn a small percentage of sales occurred on the cities in the region.

3-Other characteristic in my opinion fantastic. is that you can choose a job.
    But not the jobs on the current rift.

Merchants: The player may decide to carry some supplies from town to town, depending the request of the material from the town, and if the trip is long enough, the reward will be more or less conspicuous.

Defenders: The player may decide to defend the caravans of merchants from various attacks, this will let the defender receive a reward according to the integrity of cargo and the enemies killed.

Thieves: The player may decide to attack the caravans of merchants, in order to steal the material and sell it to the thieves' market and earn money.

I think that some features like those will be a great upgrade to a good game like RIFT.

Another great game that we can use as starter for some good features is Guild Wars.
    It has in my opionion, the greatest features for Guild vs Guild, and i think that we need it!
    What do you think about Port of Scion in Guild vs Guild and not with a random group?? I think that it can be great!!
    also something like

A specific "arena" or instance for GvG would be great. I would further suggest that there be bleachers so that non-combatants could watch.
    or

So what do you think about a "Bazar Area", where player can put their stalls just there. it would be an additional feature to the AH.

the AH cross-server, in order to avoid the speculations on each server could be good
    I'm afraid that a great game like this, risk of ruin for the lack of innovation

"Thieves: The player may decide to attack the caravans of merchants, in order to steal the material and sell it to the thieves' market and earn money."

Think about this in relation to existing lore and the way we deal with selling items from regular ol' mobs. I the context of the lore and the mob drop -n- sell system this makes no sense. It would literally just be a tack on and unnecessary.

"1-The player can make up a stall with the possibility to sell their goods. (Very usefull if you go afk for some minutes)"

There are MUCH better systems than this. The stall idea has so many problems to contend with ranging from rendering threshold of player population to the lack of effective afk bump which would essentually make it so only a few individuals will ever get "stall space" to sell.

Assuming the implementation of player housing EQ2 and SWG both had much better systems than this proposal. For Rift, something akin to the the EQ2 system makes the most sense.

"the AH cross-server, in order to avoid the speculations on each server could be good "

This is one of the worst ideas, period. do you have any inkling of how this would completely screw individual shard economies? This is one of those things that would absolution kill some types of game play, namely crafting and market PvP. Something like this can actually kill a game over all.

Economies are very tender and sensitive things. Shard based MMORPG economies are even more so. Cross server AH would cause hemophilia in local markets. The player base would eventually bleed out.
    The Trinity is unholy! Down with the Trinity!
    Carrots belong in stew, not on the end of a stick.

Foamy tells it like it is!

+ Reply to Thread