+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Please add more macro slots and...

Plane Walker

Default Please add more macro slots and...

I find the macro UI to be quite annoying to work with and even look at so it definitely could use some work and more slots please! With 5 souls it's hard to have enough slots for macros let alone organize them without intentionally naming them in such a way so you know what Role that macro is for.

I'd also like to recommend that each Role has it's own macro slots. This would make macros more organized and less annoying. To elaborate on that lets say I have 5 macros in my primary DPS Role... If I switch to my Tank Role I see a completely different set of macros in the macro UI. Adding in a way to let us know what macros are currently on our bars is a plus too. That way I can pick out and remove any unused macros easily.

Just to expand upon this idea... to alleviate the need to switch roles to see that role's macros, a drop down menu should be located at the top of the macro UI that contains a list of all your roles. The names in the list should correspond to the names given to the respective roles. This would completely eliminate the hassles with the current macro UI by making it much more organized.

Also, being able to click and drag macros to empty slots in the macro UI should also be added. The way it is now, in order to organize the macros you must copy the macro's contents, delete it, and then create a new macro with the copied contents in the empty slot you want it in.

Plane Walker

bump

10char

Soulwalker

Definitely support the idea of having sets of macros separate for each role. Would vastly improve the macro UI with a very small change.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Shackleberry View Post
    Definitely support the idea of having sets of macros separate for each role. Would vastly improve the macro UI with a very small change.
    didn't know there was a max, that stinks =(.

But yeah macros should be specific to role.

More.
    10letterthings
    Welcome to Rift 1.2
    No Challenge. No Reward. No Point.

Plane Walker

Bumpity TENS1010!!!
    Last edited by Makexevil; 06-10-2011 at 04:52 PM.

Default agree

More slots, slots per role and even a cross role set of macros would be nice.

Soulwalker

Signed!

I don't even understand why there is a limit on the number of macros we can have? Anyways, the current amount is ways too low!

Also, implementing a way to help us organize them would also help a lot.

yes, I have to delete and remake macros all the time. Just not enough slots to support the many variations of roles.

Plus the other Macros that come in handy, to name a few.

/loadeequip 1 (PvE Heal Set)
    /loadequip 2 (PvE DPS Set)
    /loadequip 3 (PvP Heal Set)
    /loadequip 4 (PvP DPS Set)
    /assist
    /p Ventrilo: Info
    /promote (for WF's)
    "ToA Will not have a significant impact on RvR."

Quote Originally Posted by Makexevil View Post
    I find the macro UI to be quite annoying to work with and even look at so it definitely could use some work and more slots please! With 5 souls it's hard to have enough slots for macros let alone organize them without intentionally naming them in such a way so you know what Role that macro is for.

I'd also like to recommend that each Role has it's own macro slots. This would make macros more organized and less annoying. To elaborate on that lets say I have 5 macros in my primary DPS Role... If I switch to my Tank Role I see a completely different set of macros in the macro UI. Adding in a way to let us know what macros are currently on our bars is a plus too. That way I can pick out and remove any unused macros easily.

Just to expand upon this idea... to alleviate the need to switch roles to see that role's macros, a drop down menu should be located at the top of the macro UI that contains a list of all your roles. The names in the list should correspond to the names given to the respective roles. This would completely eliminate the hassles with the current macro UI by making it much more organized.

Also, being able to click and drag macros to empty slots in the macro UI should also be added. The way it is now, in order to organize the macros you must copy the macro's contents, delete it, and then create a new macro with the copied contents in the empty slot you want it in.
    We've been giving them the same feedback on the macro hi since launch. Hopefully they will make some adjustments in 1.3..

Soulwalker

Signed. I agree with the OP.

Shadowlander

I cancelled my sub yesterday after having to re-create half my macros for the 15th time after respeccing. Sure it wasn't the only reason for quitting but ultimately it was what broke this camels back. I likely would have let the sub renew itself for an extra month but then I was so pissed off at the grotty game design that I just didn't wanna give these guys any more money for their sub-par copy pasting job of the vanialla WOW default UI.

btw. The solution to this macro issue was found by blizzard about 6 years ago: give us some cross-character macro slots (100 slots should do in the case of rift) and then give us an extra set of 100 per character and a further 100 per role.

You simply can't have enough macro slots and it's something that should be very easy to change.

I may re-sub again at a later date if these kind of constant annoyances are addressed fast enough (before the next wow clone peaks my interest).

+ Reply to Thread