+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RANDOM instances

Default RANDOM instances

I think it would be absolutely amazing to have a sandbox instance that you could join that would be truly random: random trash... random bosses who have random abilities... random instance lay out... accessible only via LFG tool... in which as little as 2 players could complete up to 8 players... in which players would be able to join the dungeon run in progress and the more players you add to the instance, the more difficult the mobs/bosses became. Think Diablo2.

This is the direction MMOs need to consider going next.

mmm i dunno lol, i kinda like learning a instance then getting proficient.

Plane Walker

yes, but i don't like the idea of people joining it 'in-progress' and what happens if you get to the last boss and someone joins? you'll get threads like this:

'FIX XXX DUNGEON BECAUSE SOMEONE NINJA'D MY LOOT AT THE END OF THE INSTANCE QQ!?!?'

and the problem would become even worse if they implemented cross-shard LFG.
    'It's been a looooong time....

Soulwalker

The only problem with this idea is that eventually one would see all of the possibilities. It would be extremely difficult if not impossible for trion to make enough options for the game to chose from to continuously spawn truly random different dungeons.

Plane Walker

i have played city of heroes where almost evrything was instanced.

the instances where made up of standard segments ( each segment had trash mobs that came with it ) that could be linked together in random ways.
    most of the instances only had one boss though.

maybe random instances like cave entrances could apear on some of the mountain sides
    the instance would consistt of an amount of the standard segments likned together randomly
    might couse some passages to be just dead ends.
    but one of the passages would lead to the cavern segment with the boss.

bosses would be T1 grade bosses in the LVL50 areas and drop 1 plaque

I would rather see improvements in rifts and invasions for when I feel like doing random pug encounters.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by July13th View Post
    I would rather see improvements in rifts and invasions for when I feel like doing random pug encounters.
    I was just about to say this. Isn't that kind of the point to all these major rifts that require a few people to close? The more you have the further the rift levels up and the more loots you get. The loot is given based on your contribution, sooo there would be no ways to ninja anything.

+ Reply to Thread