+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Role Gear Slots/Wardrobe!

Default Role Gear Slots/Wardrobe!

Dear Trion,

While I love that you have added wardrobe slots for changing appearance, as was previously done in EQII, I would like to see Role Gear Slots (much like the wardrobe system but the gear affects your stats not just appearence.) The main reason is the unique ability in Rift for us to have mutli-roles. To compliment that we need to have multi-gear sets. I have a Cleric calling. I can do most anything with it. Tanking, Healing, Support, DPS. Not to mention pvp sets. I believe, and correct me if I am wrong, that your intentions were to give us the ability to change our roles on the fly given certain situations and challenges. The limitation is that we would also need to swap out all our gear, which at this point is time consuming and an inventory mess. I firmly believe a gear swapping system would be a huge compliment to the game and player experience.

Tangent : For wardrobe, I would love to see a weapon slot. I participated in the first world event. Got a cool looking death staff but its stats are behind the mark as I now have better weapon that doesn't look nearly as cool. I would really like to be able to show it off even as I am running around engaging mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Quarmor View Post
    Dear Trion,

While I love that you have added wardrobe slots for changing appearance, as was previously done in EQII, I would like to see Role Gear Slots (much like the wardrobe system but the gear affects your stats not just appearence.) The main reason is the unique ability in Rift for us to have mutli-roles. To compliment that we need to have multi-gear sets. I have a Cleric calling. I can do most anything with it. Tanking, Healing, Support, DPS. Not to mention pvp sets. I believe, and correct me if I am wrong, that your intentions were to give us the ability to change our roles on the fly given certain situations and challenges. The limitation is that we would also need to swap out all our gear, which at this point is time consuming and an inventory mess. I firmly believe a gear swapping system would be a huge compliment to the game and player experience.

Tangent : For wardrobe, I would love to see a weapon slot. I participated in the first world event. Got a cool looking death staff but its stats are behind the mark as I now have better weapon that doesn't look nearly as cool. I would really like to be able to show it off even as I am running around engaging mobs.
    I fully agree with this. Also I would like to see an offhand slot as well (also as a cleric I would like to be sure I can put a shield on when I need on and off when I don't) Also I know a number of people who would love to use a specific shield they think looks cool but has stats that they would never want.

I would like to see this addition in the game very much and I would no be surprised that it is something you have been planning already. I just hope that I am right and that this may actually be introduced as I can personally think of no downside.

I am happy to hear any complaints against it though. I just can't think of anything that could be bad from it.

Several different threads exist on this topic. Alot of people (myself included) hope it goes through. There are some really awesome looking weapons in the game that exist at lower levels. Would be sweet to be able to add them to wardrobes.
    Jharyn - Cleric - Druishamsticar! / Inquisicabanel!
    Member of the Brotherhood of the Dawn
    Faeblight Roleplayer

kz-

The limitation is that we would also need to swap out all our gear, which at this point is time consuming and an inventory mess. I firmly believe a gear swapping system would be a huge compliment to the game and player experience.
    So basicly making macros for /saveequip # and /loadequip # is too time consuming right?

Quote Originally Posted by kz- View Post
    So basicly making macros for /saveequip # and /loadequip # is too time consuming right?
    I have considered this but carry 3-4 sets of gear in my inventory....not to mention constant editing of macro sets. Would be much easier for users if a gear swapping system was implemented much like the wardrobe sets. Also there is a thread of people complaining of not enough macro spaces. This might save a few by freeing up more macro spaces for those who feel they need more.
    Last edited by Quarmor; 06-09-2011 at 01:26 PM.

kz-

I have considered this but carry 3-4 sets of gear in my inventory....not to mention constant editing of macro sets. Would be much easier for users if a gear swapping system was implemented much like the wardrobe sets. Also there is a thread of people complaining of not enough macro spaces. This might save a few by freeing up more macro spaces for those who feel they need more.
    I think increasing macro slots is easier solution and solves both problems. But constant editing of macro sets, wait what?

Quote Originally Posted by kz- View Post
    I think increasing macro slots is easier solution and solves both problems. But constant editing of macro sets, wait what?
    Just saying that one would have to edit macro for each new piece correct? So I guess I misspoke with "Constantly." But meaning that with each new piece acquired through the levels and beyond. Macro doesn't solve both problems, as the gear is in my bags. I do not want sets of gear in my bags.

Also, I am the type of person who likes my inventory organized. Having macros jumbles the gear with my other items (vendor trash, crafting augments, potions, etc). I would rather my gear have a place, decreasing the likelihood that I accidentally sell a piece I was meaning to keep. And if I want it to stay neatly in the space selected for my gear I could open my bag and right-click to equip. At that point, what is the point of a macro?

I get your point. There are macros to swap the gear, however, at the expense of inventory space, and for me, organization in my bags. As a multi-crafter, I need all the space I can get.

All I am saying is it would be easier than dealing with macros, save inventory space, and keep from accidental sales of gear. (since it would be stowed in a proper area, rather than mixed in with everything) else.

Plane Walker

Just saying that one would have to edit macro for each new piece correct?
    you'd have to re-save that equipment when you upgrade a piece of gear. they SHOULD implement this in my opinion though.
    'It's been a looooong time....

Soulwalker

I agree I love the staff you get as a mage I think its like the first or second one you get with the two twisting blades at the top. I wish I could continue with that but it doesnt even have stats... so i bet its the first one now that I think about it...

I love the idea of weapon and off hand wardrobe slots. As a mage, my favorite casting animations are when I can use a dagger (or sword) and a tome. The animations for the tome are just great. I have not been able to find (yet) a 1H weapon and tome that will outstat my current staff.

+ Reply to Thread