+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Do the dev's actually play melee?

Shadowlander

Default Do the dev's actually play melee?

Had a death rift event in shimmersand yesterday. Once again, Alsibeth several times just randomly blasted me to death as I was meleeing her (not taking)--got to the point where I just stood back and collected my source-shard.

I am sorry, I don't see the point of this. If there is going to be an AOE blast, let it be something we can avoid by being smart--ie she starts a certain cast, we run back. This is just "I hate melee".

No, the developers collectively despise melee characters and refuse to roll one.

It's all a grand conspiracy. TRION backwards spells NOIRT, which is an aeons old organization that stands for Nerfing Others Intolerably, Ranged Triumphs.

I'll probably catch some serious flak from the the powers that be for revealing this secret. There's a council dedicated to protecting this information, and when they find out I'm pretty much a dead man.

Trust noone!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireforge View Post
    Your patience is completely unnecessary in this matter. You put a quarter in the machine and you need your gumball. It's cool.
    Your "Likes" fuel me.
    E . ` ' / . F
    Selling 1.4 Crafting Components. X-Shard Delivery Available.

Quote Originally Posted by Murrog View Post
    Had a death rift event in shimmersand yesterday. Once again, Alsibeth several times just randomly blasted me to death as I was meleeing her (not taking)--got to the point where I just stood back and collected my source-shard.

I am sorry, I don't see the point of this. If there is going to be an AOE blast, let it be something we can avoid by being smart--ie she starts a certain cast, we run back. This is just "I hate melee".
    And you took on Alsbeth without a healer why? Not everything in the game is soloable.

Secondly, invest in alchemy heal potions and fortification potions.

Thirdly, those cool effects coming from Alsbeth's hands and body? That's called magic, and means she is casting something nasty... FYI.
    Last edited by Xanadu; 06-09-2011 at 05:57 AM.

+ Reply to Thread