+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Crafters make plaque gear for less plaques

Default Crafters make plaque gear for less plaques

I've seen a fair amount of distress over how many plaques gear costs.

What if crafters could buy a recipe (for their profession's crafting plaques) that would allow them to make plaque gear for someone else at reduced cost?

EQ2 did something like this. You could buy the item for full price from a vendor or ask a crafter to make it for you for less. That gave crafters a new market and let people who weren't swimming in the currency stretch it farther.

Since plaques aren't a real currency you can trade, there would need to be an item the adventurer would buy for plaques that they could give the crafter. The crafted recipe would require normal materials plus the special item.

Since the special item would have to be traded, that would probably mean it could also be sold. I'm not sure I see a real problem with that. If someone has an overabundance of plaques, that would give them a way to get something out of the excess.

its a nice feature, however im curious to the long term implications, would it not give crafters too much demand?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Flaymar View Post
    its a nice feature, however im curious to the long term implications, would it not give crafters too much demand?
    No.

Lets pretend that demand for crafters would rise. Their prices would rise to match this and at some point, the price would be so high that it would be more beneficial to buy it from the merchant. The merchants are thus providing an artificial ceiling to the prices charged by the crafters.

The ceiling here will be different for different players who value time and/or plat differently depending on their circumstances.
    I'M RIFTSTALKING YOUR MUM!

I've found that Warriors are like Feminists. They want equality when it suits them, but the rest of the time they want to be treated special.

I am all about crafters being relevant in endgame. If it could be designed to prevent certain abuses it could create a vibrant economy.

+ Reply to Thread