+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Idea for 51 point builds

Default Idea for 51 point builds

Trion had said something in one of their podacasts that they want 51 point builds to be more effective, and I have an idea on how to do it. Give each calling a 10th soul, the soul of the calling. Rogues get a rogue soul, and so on. Each of the "calling souls" has 8 abilities, one for each of the other souls (excluding PvP). With 51 points spent in a soul, an ability becomes available in the Calling Soul, that helps said soul. For example, a 51 point assassin gets buff from the calling soul that gives a 15% armor penetration bonus. Bard gets an increased motif time (like from 30 seconds to 45 seconds) (I use rogue soul cause it's the one I know best). Those are a few examples but I think this extra soul will make 51 point builds more attractive.

Thoughts?
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

Plane Walker

NO.

your trying to make it more complicated that it needs be, imo.

ALL they really need to do is:

make the 51-point 'root' abilities better.
    add a 51-point 'root' passive buff.

Quote Originally Posted by twistinthunder View Post
    NO.

your trying to make it more complicated that it needs be, imo.

ALL they really need to do is:

make the 51-point 'root' abilities better.
    add a 51-point 'root' passive buff.
    This. Exactly this.

Pure builds should be immensely powerful. Otherwise, why spend anything more than 31ish points in a soul? There needs to be an incentive to spec 51 in a single soul beyond what already exists (which isnt a whole lot).

A passive buff to your character for investing that many points would go a long way towards doing that, and wouldnt require what you are suggesting OP, which would be needlessly complicated, and clutter the soul window more.
    Jharyn - Cleric - Druishamsticar! / Inquisicabanel!
    Member of the Brotherhood of the Dawn
    Faeblight Roleplayer

+ Reply to Thread