+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cross server Auction house !!!

Lightbulb Cross server Auction house !!!

Trion implement cross server AH ..it s a must .Many people make characters in the other faction and they need to have a way of transfer their items or pllatinum..

Cross server sales? I think not. That would completely mess up the shard economies! Holy poop that would be bad!
    The Trinity is unholy! Down with the Trinity!
    Carrots belong in stew, not on the end of a stick.

Foamy tells it like it is!

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
    Trion implement cross server AH ..it s a must .Many people make characters in the other faction and they need to have a way of transfer their items or pllatinum..
    Think you mean a cross faction AH like the neutral AH you had in wow.

Few problems with it, but hey, only Trion know what they have up their sleeve long term.

Quote Originally Posted by Elgarr View Post
    Think you mean a cross faction AH like the neutral AH you had in wow.

Few problems with it, but hey, only Trion know what they have up their sleeve long term.
    Yeah ...ah in some neutral area that can allow faction trade

Telaran

Yes to cross faction via a neutral AH but not cross server. Oh definitely not. What if the other server has a horribly inflated economy? Then your economy will become inflated as well, or that servers economy will be destroyed. Cross server stuff would only help que times for dungeons and PvP not economy.

What you get in the shard, you keep in the shard.
    Best moment in Rift: I "broke wind" in real life. Seconds later a message crossed my screen, "The smell of decay fills the air."

I understand the desire for cross shard AH(I am basically a monopoly on my shard) but I feel that the solution that Trion is implementing with free shard transfers will help players find a more populated shard and a more popular AH.

Cross faction I can see and understand...and know how it would work since I've seen it in SWG and EQ2...
    Cross Shard....I have to say "just say no" That would be more than a nightmare
    Faeblight Shard:
    Guardian: Cystal, Erelaere, Branwyn
    Defiant: Gabria, Necromina, Mia

Cross faction would be a brilliant addition.

Cross server, although i think it would be cool personally, could get horribly abused , i doubt it would be implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by Alleriana View Post
    Cross faction would be a brilliant addition.

Cross server, although i think it would be cool personally, could get horribly abused , i doubt it would be implemented.
    At least cross faction if not cross server will be a great idea..

I'm gonna play devil's advocate here for a minute. Why would cross-server AH be a bad thing? Sure, it would definetly be a load on the server technology, but Trion has showed that they can handle server tech stuff, they have some of the most advanced server tech in the industry. A cross-server AH would result in better supply and better demand, and would even prices out. A monopoly would be almost impossible, but this change would also make the economy much more competetive and interesting for players that are into crafting and selling and all that.
    Sanarra - Mage - Amardis
    Support Better World PvP

There are actually achievements you can earn by gathering items from each faction. Cross faction AH's would defy the challenge of obtaining these items. I don't see this happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu View Post
    There are actually achievements you can earn by gathering items from each faction. Cross faction AH's would defy the challenge of obtaining these items. I don't see this happening.
    Yes, thats one issue with cross-faction. They could just make those items not tradable, but people might not like that.

Thats cross-faction though, any comments on cross-server?
    Sanarra - Mage - Amardis
    Support Better World PvP

Quote Originally Posted by sanarra View Post
    I'm gonna play devil's advocate here for a minute. Why would cross-server AH be a bad thing? Sure, it would definetly be a load on the server technology, but Trion has showed that they can handle server tech stuff, they have some of the most advanced server tech in the industry. A cross-server AH would result in better supply and better demand, and would even prices out. A monopoly would be almost impossible, but this change would also make the economy much more competetive and interesting for players that are into crafting and selling and all that.
    1) Low/Medium-low servers, and PVE servers, would have a strong advantage for resources.

2) Buyouts. People most often find the item they want, and use the buyout feature. On a single server, players will occasionally attempt a buyout simultaneously. On a much larger scale, this becomes problematic and likely a far more frustrating scenario.

3) Available resources far outweigh demand, especially for common items such as Soulbind Leather and Orichalcum Ore. An increased resource/demand pool would greatly exacerbate this problem. Prices are already relatively low, and would result in buyouts just a few silver above vendor prices.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireforge View Post
    Your patience is completely unnecessary in this matter. You put a quarter in the machine and you need your gumball. It's cool.
    Your "Likes" fuel me.
    E . ` ' / . F
    Selling 1.4 Crafting Components. X-Shard Delivery Available.

Quote Originally Posted by Dereth View Post
    1) Low/Medium-low servers, and PVE servers, would have a strong advantage for resources.

2) Buyouts. People most often find the item they want, and use the buyout feature. On a single server, players will occasionally attempt a buyout simultaneously. On a much larger scale, this becomes problematic and likely a far more frustrating scenario.

3) Available resources far outweigh demand, especially for common items such as Soulbind Leather and Orichalcum Ore. An increased resource/demand pool would greatly exacerbate this problem. Prices are already relatively low, and would result in buyouts just a few silver above vendor prices.
    Hmm, well I dont have much experience with endgame crafting or gathering yet, so I cant really speak to 1 and 3 there, sorry.

But as for 2, I can see what you are saying. I wonder what sort of mechanic could be implemented to work around that
    Sanarra - Mage - Amardis
    Support Better World PvP

+ Reply to Thread